1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Kenny Pickett calling for a change in OC?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    "The Detail guys don't know what they are doing" This has to be a direct shot at Matt Canada.

Kenny Pickett Says Something Needs to Change for Steelers

That is how I would describe members of the Coaching staff as "The Detail Guys"

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm going to say yes. He also said that "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is insanity." If he's not attacking Canada and Tomlin, I have no idea who he's attacking.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'll say no. It didn't seem that way to me. Just normal post game playerspeak after a loss.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Where’s the RPO/P?

Stress the opposing Defense a little.
    It was devastating to Steelers Linebackers yesterday.

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am not sure why Kenny is getting bad press on this for calling out his fellow players.

To me the "The Detail guys don't know what they are doing", and the line about "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is insanity." is a shot at the coaching staff for the play calling and not individual player performances.

So, I didn't understand Ryan Clark's comments about Kenny trying to blame fellow players for his problems.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I seriously doubt a rookie QB is calling out his coaches. He actually has a relationship with Canada, I believe he recruited him or something like that. Don’t remember but they have some history and seemed to be positive.

7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He may be referring to play calling, but I really think he is referring to some of the stupid penalties the O-Line is making. I mean, c'mon the calls of illegal formation. I've hear this often with the TE or a WR, but how can and OL mess this up, let alone twice in one game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Everyone is calling for a offensive cord change but Cpt obvious.....

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

This is a diff time in the NFL than when players just kept their mouth shut and went along to get along, IMO.. Canada might have recruited Pickett. but i remember a look earlier in the season/ offseason Pickett gave when Canada and his offense was mentioned too him .. I'm not sure Pickett likes Canada :hmm: