1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time to move to a 4-3?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Frost33, Feb 20, 2017.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't want any of them in coverage is why I said take it a step further and go with 5 up front and let them always be heading at the QB...Use the 5-1-5 and the only guy besides DB'S in coverage is Shazier or Peppers if we draft him he can play that single LB spot as well ...

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's time for the 11 guys on the field to play consistent together for 60 minutes...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dupree would be an end in a 4-3. Harrison tried to make that transition with the Bengals and it was a disaster.

The Steelers aren't switching to a 4-3, but they do need to build in more man coverage. They aren't beating the Patriots with the zone schemes they ran this past season. It just isn't going to happen.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Want a cold one? :drinks:

You deserve one on me. :applaud:

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

The zone blitz is predicated on having people that can win one on one match ups, because the offense has to account for them..... at that point, the defense can then disguise the other blitzers.... we are almost there now with heyward, tuitt, dupree, shazier, and still james harrison... These are all front 7 players that have to be accounted for.... once harrison's heir apparent is found, then you will see the zone defense in all its glory, when offenses focus on the obvious, and the unseen smacks them in the face

• Like Like x 1