1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Harrison time yet......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thesteeldeal, Nov 27, 2017.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    .There is definitely a chill in the air......excuse me Mr. Porter...can James come out to play...
    It's getting a little ridiculous now. You think with a couple division games coming up it will finally be time to get JH some reps so he can get warmed up a little down the stretch? Dupree isn't exactly lighting it up and I think we can do a lot of nifty stuff on D with Harrison and Watt on the field together.....visions of sugar plums are dancing in my head when dreaming of Watt,JH and Dupree all on the field. You could even take VW out on some passing downs. I think the possibilities are very intriguing...

Another thing bothering me is why Chickillo isn't being given a chance to play with Dupree not exactly lighting it up....I don't know I thought he did a nice job filling in for him,now he can't see the field. Puzzling to say the least why they aren't using more of a rotation....you never know who may have the hot hand.
    I'm sure the starters can use a break here and there without the sky falling. We have fresh capable bodies. Why not use them?

Free Silverback.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I am absolutely perplexed on the Harrison lack of playing time. They either think he's done and just want to hold onto him so he might go out a Champion or he's just not showing any positive production during practices. So far it's been a disappointing wasted roster spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Highly doubt he's done....he played great the one real chance he got. I'm not sure there is enough actual contact in practice at this point of the season to where he would be able to show either way.

On a side note....I think our D really suffers with time off. We had the bye and then 10 days off ,don't think it helps our D mentally and physically preparing for a game..

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Who's Dupree?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Didn't Harrison replace Porter in 2007? Maybe his lack of playing time is payback. I can see him not getting 20 reps a game but man....not to even dress???

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Chick did play on D last night.

7. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I sense Deebo wreaking havoc late regular season/postseason. He has to be fresh, it's only a matter of time.

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Harrison needs fresh legs and we need him for next 3 games. Would really use him against Brady and pound him in the dirt.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Deebo getting time off to sell his workout supplements lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dude, Harrison is done. The guy is 39. Pats exploited him in the playoffs last year.

I am thankful for all that he has done, but you can't beat father time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    They pretty much said on the broadcast why Harrison isn’t playing. Gone are the days of Steelers OLBs being straight attack dogs. They are asked to cover more than anything now. That’s why Dupree and Watt were drafted. Both tall athletic OLBs that can cover.

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

If they take that approach against Brady like they did last year in the AFCCG then they might as well just stay at home. If he doesn't feel pressure then he will will pick our defense apart EASILY.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I would turn his key staring game 14...

14. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    He has plenty left in the tank

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    We also didn’t have the big man in the middle either. That changes things.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Really? I didn't say he didn't play.....he had 2 snaps

17. Steelers*BiG*D

Steelers*BiG*D New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    I am looking forward to seeing him this year. He's leader and a play maker..