1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it all Ben's fault

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. And then needing to read through the article to find the quotes.

Catching up yet? :clapping:

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He blamed AB for the interception against Denver and questioned the playcalling by the guy HE WANTED them to hire.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup lapped you......did you expect the article to be 5 pages long. Give me a break everything is done with links these days. I understand you don't agree let's be fair and keep it at that.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, you tried to pass me but faceplanted. What 5 pages? He should have taken the quotes and put them in his article. Wouldn’t have even amounted to a paragraph. This isn’t complicated. He’s also trying to bring in clicks for those other articles.

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    There was atleast 7 or 8 links in his story what was he supposed to write a novel..Yeah just throw the quotes in their without any context that he would of then needed to explain as well so yeah 5 pages. Agree or disagree on his opinion,fine but to use his style of writing his article to dismiss his opinion is ridiculous. Trying to brin clicks? For what? What benefit? Like I said that's how all articles are written especially in blogs. He wasn't trying to reproduce War In Peace.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The 'idiot kicker story' was widely reported at the time, it was also spoofed on ESPN and popular late night talk shows, plus every radio show in the nation. The Story resurfaced a couple years ago during a defamation suit involving Peyton harassing a female trainer at Tenn U...allegedly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But did he say the kicker cost them a game or was he talking about his behavior? Two entirely different things.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is kinda funny that so many are talking about Ben and Peyton cause I caught the tail end of 21st and prime and he was talking about this same thing. There was something about an INT with Harrison and Peyton never said a word when he could have. I didn't get it all but they were saying how Ben calls out people and Peyton didn't. I do remember the drunk kicker comment but I think there was more to it.

Anyways really don't matter Ben will be Ben and we will live or die with him, at this point nothing is gonna change. The only thing I can hope for is some how this all goes away and we get back to talking football and winning football in Pittsburgh.............

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This really isn't worth my time, don't know why you have a bug up your ass about this. Guess this guy is the only person who can't include a quote. Yeah, that quote about Hines being upset with Ben because he made a comment about wanting a tall receiver would have been a novel. Or the one about the game being maybe too big for Colbi and Bryant, another novel. Phew, wouldn't want the poor fellow to wear himself out.

I originally dismissed his opinion because I already said I didn't realize those were links. Now I'm dismissing his opinion because as suspected, they were harmless comments. But we already know you and I disagree about that so maybe that is the root of all this, it annoys you I feel that way.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I wasn't trying to draw comparisons between Ben and Peyton, I was showing an example of Peyton calling out a team mate, the reason doesn't matter.
    I think the reason Manning called him out was Vanderjact questioned whether Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy had the wherewithal to take the Colts to the promise land. I can't remember exactly though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You were pretty quick to point out the post about Manning though....
    Pretty sure I’m not the only one I’m just the one you focus on to argue with . There have been others as well that have questioned his leadership. Just ask his current and former teammates. I already agreed to disagree on his leadership qualities . I was simply trying to explain that the guys writing in a blog is how blogs are written. You are choosing to make a big deal about including links . That’s how it’s done. It gives the reader the option to pursue it further without being long winded. Sorry if you can’t understand that.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, knew there was an explanation there. Sorry if the truth hurts. The great Manning did it too.

Sorry to critique your article, you'll get better at it :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry the article doesn’t fit your agenda but I would bet if it painted Ben in a good light to support your fading belief that he’s a good leader. It would be the best article ever written links and all. Looking forward to your efforts as well....

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Manning to this day throws Vanderjagt under the bus. He also poo-pooed the Colts organization when he left but they deserved it considering the way he left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Marshall Faulk didn't think to much of Manning.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Both

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe he had a point?

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He didnt leave. They kicked him out the back door. His doctors told their staff he would be fine. They wanted to move forward with luck and get rid of the guy who made their franchise relevant.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Following a playoff loss in 2002, Vanderjagt - at the time the Colts' kicker and among the best in the league at his position - did an interview in which he questioned whether Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy could really lead the Colts where they needed to go, as Vanderjagt said he didn't have much confidence in the direction of the team at the moment. The comments, of course, got quite a bit of attention, and Manning was asked about it while at the Pro Bowl. "Here we are, I'm out at my third Pro Bowl, I'm about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we're honoring the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off," Manning said, according to ESPN. "The sad thing is, he's a good kicker. He's a good kicker. But he's an idiot." Manning added that he would deal with it when he got home - "if he's still a teammate."

The kicker called MANNING OUT. Manning criticized him for that and just called him an idiot. He didnt go into detail saying oh well he's the reason we lost. He just said he's an idiot who was drunk talking and I will deal with him privately. He didnt say hey dont look at me that wasng my fault for why we lost. Apples to oranges to what Ben did. Source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...arks-in-2003-deposition-colts-mike-vanderjagt

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I stated that the Colts deserved it. Yes they wanted to renegotiate his last year of a contract. Peyton said no & they parted ways. Looking to the future I can see why the Colts released him. You must be young because the Colts have been relevant since their days in Baltimore. Hell, they were playing good football with Jim Harbaugh under center.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    You haven't listened to P. Manning lately.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They hadn't been relevant since they were in bmore with unitas. He made them relevant again. They hadn't come close to a sb in DECADES. They built him a statue for a reason.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Review your history a little better grasshopper. Pittsburgh knocked them out of the SB in '95 I believe. Captain Comeback just about pulled it off in the Afc championship game.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice info but it's really irrelevant. We are talking about Bens actions and how it effects the Steelers. Some have the opinion it's not a issue with our team. I guess that makes the media,former and current players wrong that it's a issue. Ben has been talking too much and saying he wrong things for years. It's nothing new . Great player. Talks too much. Double edged sword.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The difference is he's not playing anymore,so he's not effecting his teammates

• Winner Winner x 1