1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Harrison Done?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fansince40s, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I just read on Steelers Depot that Butler said that Harrison is playing in KC Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Didn't you learn the first time?

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No way he gets cut midseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Perhaps, but how many snaps?

1-5
    6-10
    11-15
    16-20
    21-??

So far, he has been a complete wasted roster spot, just cause they want to save him for a potential late season run.

Just dumb if you ask me. Maybe he should bring a bench press with 500 lbs on it to the sideline right behind Tomlin and prove that he's ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, deebo is back!!

6. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Thats great, then we Wont see 15 run plays in a row like against Bears and Jaguars... That was like Watching a ****ing College game, ****ing embarrasing!!!

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

He should get at least 15 in my estimation. A 6'7" LT for KC had problems with him last year. So much so there was a crucial holding call that disallowed a KC touchdown.. He still has it.. Strong mofo

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Pffft.......yeah he's done.......well done. Release The Silverback!!.....

9. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad to hear he will be getting some snaps. Kind of hard to justify saving someone for the postseason if you can't get there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Oh my!!!:rolleyes:

11. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    DEEBO!!!!!!:dancing:

• Like Like x 1
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did you even part your lips to say that deebo is at the bottom of the depth chart?! Are you serious?! Its not a better pass rusher on our team right now...then deebo! and he's considered a senior citizen. I understand what porter was trying to do. Get the young guys prepared for life after deebo, but ...right now, neither TJ or Bud is in his category. And unlike Ben...deebo, would not be going off of past reputation. He still can bring it!!

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He was inactive for the last two weeks! He's played something like 7 snaps so far this season. Tomlin's his buddy, so is LB coach Joey. Clearly, THEY didn't think he's the best pass rusher on the team or that he can still bring it. Their decision not to play him speaks volumes.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Im surprised at you. Given the way, this team has functioned or is ran this season. How can you back their mindset this season. We've spent more money and made more moves then ever in the history of the steelers and we're no better off then before. We couldve saved a bunch of money, time, and draft picks...with these results. Porter, cares nothing of deebo. Hes still trying to save face (from that off tge field incident last season) and save his job. Any time, you have two coaches to coach the linebackers...then your team is already in trouble at that position. Don't get me wrong, I hope this all turn around for the best. But right now, its seems mighty bleek.

15. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    DONE??! HARRISON???!! :icon bs:
    Does anyone actually believe this? At this rate Deebo could play 2 more seasons after this. He'll get his action this year. And next, but less than this year. 2019 is the year that Harrison will see (much) less than 200 snaps...some seem to be thinking that's happening now :facepalm:.

Let's not forget that Deebo serves as a great all-around backup for the edge role. Pass rush, run stop. His shear power, and experience is a massive asset to have as a reserve for the outside. I'm just hoping we, as an organization and team made up of individuals, play our cards right and our fortunate to have what I said above become reality...its a logical going away for an old workhorse :towel::steelflag:

16. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    He sets the corner. Too many runs go wide against the Steelers. The coaches have no clue and the players on the field don't maintain gap control. Harrison would NEVER give up the outside corner that often!

17. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Sorry for the wrong wording. I meant to say that he sets the edge. Not too difficult a concept, but it does seem to have eluded the Steeler's coaching staff.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Keep saying it enough, eventually he'll get it right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont think they are saving him. I think its just a matter of them knowing Watt and Bud are the future and need to get them as many snaps as they can. they were 3-1 before last weeks debacle. You can live with growing pains aa long as you are winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeap Deebo can steel bring it...he just needs alittle longer to get the engine warmed up, but once at max heat he's crazy good!!!:thumbs up:

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
  22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    dang its been about 4 hours since the game ended and I'm still jacked JH92 got that sack!!!:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    After watching today's game, I am even more mystified than ever regarding Harrison's lack of playing time this season. He should have been in there more, especially when Watt sat out.

25. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    It could have been a plan to have him tuned up and ready for a playoff run.

Too bad they lost to two bad teams or it’d be looking like a pretty good idea.