1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Eli better than Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 15, 2012.

1. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Could Manning have had a few of those passes picked? Sure he could have, but he didn't. He was sacked 6 times (or thereabouts) and got the living cr@p beat out of him but he didn't turn it over. Also, did u notice how low his C was snapping the ball in shotgun? He was picking those off the turf most of the time. Still, even with the ball slick, no fumbles. I'm still glad Ben is our QB, but I think he would have had a bad night on that field and with that pressure. Good job by Eli last night. Now on to the Pats!

2. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!:

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Two years ago the thought that Eli Manning was better than Ben would have been laughable to me. But not anymore.
    I think it's fair to say that so far Ben has had the better overall career. But Eli has become a much better, smarter QB.

I think this. From now until the end of their careers, Eli will be the better QB. Mainly I think because he will last 2-3 yrs longer than Ben, unless Ben wises up and gets away from sandlot.

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Both QB's are loaded with talent but I think Eli has a better system to work in. His OL is definitely superior to ours, and their OC has plays drawn up where Eli nearly always has an outlet receiver available in case the protection breaks down. Ben has nothing to fall back on, except his back! Hopefully his career can last a few years longer in a new system with better plays and a better OL. :praying:

:flag:

5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You may be right. But I'm beginning to think that if Ben had a better OL, the only difference would be that he'd hold onto the ball even longer. He wouldn't change.

6. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Eli is a very smart QB, I was impressed with his complete awareness and focus on the game. I had to laugh when he popped up and called time out when his helmet was askew and had turf in his grill and a shoulder pad sticking out :roflmao: Also, even Coughlin did't realize the clock was about to expire when they were going for the FG but Eli ran up to him trying to get him to take the TO.

8. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I remember @ least 2 near int ,one where the defenders ran into each other. Sometimes Eli seems to throw the ball and turn his head back,it looks like he is just throwing it up to avoid the sack.

9. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember @ least 2 near int ,one where the defenders ran into each other. Sometimes Eli seems to throw the ball and turn his head back,it looks like he is just throwing it up to avoid the sack.[/quote:3tbu7swj]

Brett Favre made a life long career out of doing that ;)

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    SanFran was blowing NY's O-Line up, in that game. And Eli took punishment. O-Lines are comparable. And Ben generally has open receivers to hit, early. He ignores them. Watch Chalk Talk with Bob Labriola and Tunch Ilkin on Steelers.com - SanFran game. Tunch points out, in several games, how Ben passes up open WRs. This is why I cannot totally fault BA for all the offensive woes. In fact, Ben's play may have affected BA getting booted.

11. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I look at the body of work over the course of there careers this far. That being said I believe Ben is better than Eli.

Eli has had a better season this year than Ben but Ben had a better year last year on his way to the Super Bowl.

12. harrisonisscary

harrisonisscary Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Correct, and yes Eli has had a great postseason which is obviously more important than regular season, and people say he had such a great regular season but the fact is he didnt. He just had such a horrendous season last year that it seems he did so well this year. And they made the playoffs as a 9-7 team winning the division where if they lost to the cowboys the last game they wouldve missed the playoffs. And once again, Ben had one leg and 9 fingers and whatever other injuries. I know luck has a big part to do with this. But just pure skill, I dont think theres a question that Ben is the better QB.

13. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you think Ben will start limping when its his turn to run onto field at the start of the game?

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well, now that he has the same number of Super Bowl rings as Ben, what do ya think?

15. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    NO

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :this!:

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    at the beginnning of career no , now manning improved a lot while ben is someway regressing , tough call

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Two Rings, Two MVPs, No taint from a SB lose.

If it were the other way around, you all know which way you'd all be arguing it.

19. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Eli has had 2 very good years. more so he has had 2 very good post season runs.

Ben has had a better career:

Yards:
    Ben - 26,579
    Eli - @7,579

attempts:
    Ben - 3,313
    Eli - 3,921

comp %:
    Ben - 63%
    Eli - 58%

td's
    Ben - 165
    Eli - 185

int's:
    Ben - 100
    Eli - 129

qb rating:
    Ben - 92.1
    Eli - 82.1

Eli obviously is in a more of a passing offense with 600 more attempts and thats why he has more td's and maybe a lower comp%, but Ben has ben a much more consistant qb in his career and now they both have 2 rings.

i will still take Ben over Eli and im hoping that the change in oc for the Steelers will be a good thing for Ben. i think we will see how good Ben can be next season.

20. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Blasphemer! ;)

Eli is the new Mr. Clutch.

21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben aeems to be playing the same way he has been playing from day one.Don't get me wrong Ben is a great qb but not consistent.

22. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    your lack of bias is disturbing the locals

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ben is not a better QB than he was 4 years ago. Eli, on the other hand has gotten better as he has gotten older. I have to give it to Ben in the toughness department, but Eli has the edge in decision making. Now in fairness, the Giants OL (except for the 2 sacks in 2nd qtr) played a great game. A QB who gets the ball out quickly can do a lot to make the OL look decent.

24. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He needs a new pair of Black & Gold glasses. That'll snap him right back in shape!

25. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Nope, Ben is better-- but I raise my beer to Eli the Patriot Killer!! Long Live Eli!!! :herewego: