1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Eli better than Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Eli has better protection .. give Ben the same amount of time and he would do the same damage. Could Eli work behind the garbage we have? lol Ben is better

2. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Eli is only a "te" away from elite, Ben is not!

3. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Regressing, really? Hell, when you playing BANGED up ALL the time, I guess we will NEVER know just how good Ben could be! I would love to see Ben healthy for one full year and see what he produces. I'll bet big numbers.

I'll take Ben over Eli anyday!

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It like previous poster said...It is not that he is better, but Eli is willing to take the check down and move the chains. He takes what the defense gives them. That's what Brady does too.

5. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Trust me, if Houston beat Baltimore Shaner would think Yates is better than Ben. Nevermind, I think he would take Yates over Ben now...

6. bovieo68

bovieo68 Member

Jan 8, 2012
    i look for Ben being the MVP of the leage within the next two years..... ( not sure ely will ever b. thats what i believe and im sticking to it) lol :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

7. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    First part- funny, second part-maybe not so funny.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    true too...his offensive line is big time!

9. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben will go down as one of the all time greats.

10. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I'm around Giant fans, they trash Eli just like Steeler fans trash Ben.

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It happens with every team.

Fans trashed Bradshaw AFTER we had already won some Lombardis. It's the nature of being a fan. :)

So take it for what it is, and if you disagree, ignore it or politely state your case. We're always going to debate something on these forums. That's what makes it fun.

How boring would this place be if every thread was:

"I think our coaches and players are awesome. We have the best team in the NFL."

"I agree."

"W00T!"

"Go Steelers!"

It's nice for a while. It gets old fast. :)

12. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Not a joking matter. The truth hurts.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has Ben improved under BA? Has the Steeler offense improved under BA?

There is your answer folks, the TRUTH will set you free!

14. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben's style of play is intuitive but it is not always the best. He has said many times he is not a film guy and it shows. If you only see the game on TV you miss how many times he attempts a long pass on third and four with two guys open ten yards down field. It is maddening and has cost them games.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It happens with every team.

Fans trashed Bradshaw AFTER we had already won some Lombardis. It's the nature of being a fan. :)

So take it for what it is, and if you disagree, ignore it or politely state your case. We're always going to debate something on these forums. That's what makes it fun.

How boring would this place be if every thread was:

"I think our coaches and players are awesome. We have the best team in the NFL."

"I agree."

"W00T!"

"Go Steelers!"

It's nice for a while. It gets old fast. :)[/quote:tv8vs4wn]

Tried making the same point myself. Especially when we start breaking down the game after a win and they say "why can't you just be happy with the win?" I am extremely happy after a win but after five minutes of high fives and awesome air kicks there is nothing to talk about so thats when I say start talking about the game.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a joking matter. The truth hurts.[/quote:phbbmyiz]

Coke impairs your judgment :blink:

17. Forged Steel

Forged Steel Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ben by a long shot. But unless the Oline is addressed, Ben learns to throw the ball away, and BA gets canned you will NEVER see Ben healthy for a full year. If we continue down our current path we will win many games over the next few seasons but Ben's career will end with injury while Eli plays well into his late 30's early 40's.

18. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ain't that the truth. To MANY Steeler fans Gilbride couldn't pack his bags fast enough.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've wondered how Whiz was thought of around here? I wasn't on the board then, were there fire whiz threads as well? :lolol:

20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not that I recall. He did receive some criticism warranted or not every now and then. But nothing like "FBAI."

21. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What a thread!!!! Amazing, the Giants came into the playoffs barely, 9-7 in a division were .500 almost took the division title and the Steelers playing in a division were 9 wins was 3rd place and Eli is a better QB? Would this even have come up if the Packers didn't drop 8 , yep, 8 passes? The only reason anyone is saying Eli is elite is because all year long every pundit was washing Rodgers' B--ls...I remember the interview of Eli when he said he considered himsel an elite QB and the same guys that are calling him elite now were snickering at the thought of Eli being Elite. This year was good for Eli because of Victor Cruz, plain and simple. Ben hasn't looked to great since Wallace developed stone hands in the second half of the season and as the line kept proving that they can play worse than what everyone thought. I would like to see how well Eli could play with a broken thumb and a bum ankle and not only play but still get hammered play after play and be somewhat competitive. You are amazing to even suggest Eli is better in fact I would be willing to bet if there was a straight up trade between the Giants and Steeler to swap QBs, the Giants would take it no problem. Ben has bad games, Eli has bad streaks, remember the last one were he threw at least 3 ints a game overa 6 game stretch...Was he Elite then? This is still the same Eli Manning with Victor Cruz, thats it.

22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not that I recall. He did receive some criticism warranted or not every now and then. But nothing like "FBAI."[/quote:2nke747t]
    Many of us wanted him as the HC. The Rooney rule ruled him out.

23. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Eli seems better because he doesn't have to run for his life on more then half the plays in a game. How much better could Ben be if he had a stud Oline? There are dozens of plays this year if you look back where he gets the ball and within 1 second or so the defense is all over him. At this point I'm willing to sacrafice a top 5 defense to improve the Oline and get the offense into the top 10. I'd like to see once and for all how good Ben could be.

24. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Many of us wanted him as the HC. The Rooney rule ruled him out.[/quote:1lm3ehhe]

Doesn't the Rooney rule only require minority candidates to be interviewed? That being said I still don't agree with it. It would have made sense years ago but not anymore.

25. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a joking matter. The truth hurts.[/quote:2w3hq09k]

Coughlin is so good he fights for his job every year. he was on the hot seat just 5 weeks ago.