1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Drew Brees done?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Social media can be disturbing but I'm thankful for other sources that don't cram the major media dog & pony show down our throats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I need to find those sources.....

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Folks, just a reminder not to let this devolve into a debate on race, politics, etc. If you want to go there, take it somewhere else on the web. We’re doing ok so far, but it’s starting to get close.

• Like Like x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    True

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There is a time and place for everything. He chose the wrong time and wrong place. What he did was wrong and foolish. It cost him. It should.

Done properly, he would have my support.

7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It's getting harder all the time. Most of what comes up on search engines anymore is $$$ motivated imo.

It's hard to find ANY interesting material to knowledge up on in 2020. Libraries underfunded & going by the wayside. Social Media is the answer...:facepalm:

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Speaking for myself, I was incredibly ignorant on the topic and he was successful in bringing it to light for people like me and many others.

What’s going on right now is people finally saying enough and I have to agree with them.

He shined a spotlight on a very ugly thing in America by doing something that makes people very uncomfortable, it worked, drew attention to that ugly truth.

I think Brees will be fine, seems like a genuine guy and I’m sure he’s been having many conversations with his teammates to patch up any wounds his words may have opened.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't know Furn! I think Brees F'd up and has lost much respect from folks that has had his back. Not sure if he can clean things up like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mtsteelers3777

Mtsteelers3777 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2015
    He said what he said ...Got stomped on and apologized twice and once by his wife.
    Google lists his worth at $ 120 million I would tell the NO SAINTS fans and even his team mates hey I apologized, if you can't or won't accept it I'm done here and you will be the "AINTS" again within 1 season.....Without him they suck and the offensive line knows it...
    He quits he just made Tampa Bay major contenders

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nobody I think questioned Drew's ability although it could go south real quickly at his age.
    It is whether his team mates will still support him after his comments?

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    He shouldn’t have apologized. People have a right to their opinion. Just like this one

13. Jill M

Jill M Member

Dec 25, 2016
    Drew was offended by the way the national anthem and those that served our country were disrespected. He has the same right to make his feelings known as the protesters. He didn't speak out against their cause. He just stated what they were doing that he and many others find offensive. It is hypocritical to expect the protesters to be respected after the way the protesters put everyone's lives in danger by mass gatherings during social distancing. There are other ways to protest that are safe. You know that thousands of people will die because of how protesters chose to protest. Now states are having to pull back their reopening because of the spread of COVID19 after the incubation period of two weeks after the protests. Taking to the street en masse during the pandemic showed very poor judgement and will no doubt result in many unnecessary deaths. But I guess those lives don't matter.

I support the cause but think the protests were designed to be offensive and put others in danger, which makes me not want to support the cause. If they had protested the Timpa death from police 4 years ago George Floyd would still be alive. But the racist slogan "black lives matter" rather than "all lives matter" shows why the protesters didn't protest Timpa's death because he is white, and he doesn't matter. I fought hard in the Civil Rights Movement for everyone to be equal. The racist slogan "black lives matter" is a bit offensive and four giant steps back. There will be no equality as long as people see the public as segments rather than equals. The slogan should be "all lives matter".
    [​IMG]

"Tony Timpa wailed and pleaded for help more than 30 times as Dallas police officers pinned his shoulders, knees and neck to the ground.

“You’re gonna kill me! You’re gonna kill me! You’re gonna kill me!”

After Timpa fell unconscious, the officers who had him in handcuffs assumed he was asleep and didn’t confirm that he was breathing or feel for a pulse.
    "

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/inv...veals-the-final-minutes-of-tony-timpa-s-life/

But Drew Brees had one of his best years last year and you could make a good argument for him as the best QB ever. If they sit him because of his free speech and being open about what offended him, it is exactly Collin Kapernick all over again. The BIG difference is Brees didn't take his views out on the field when representing the team. I don't think it is in danger of damaging the team's marketing of merchandise. But any company that feels a player is costing them to much in lost revenue due to bringing a public image problem you can expect them to lose their job. It is basic business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m curious how brees is gonna do anyways, he is up there in age. I think he does not win another ring and saints go back to sucking when he leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I wonder if he has ever told his children, "you must stand up to bullies", if so, he surely didn't heed his own advice. I lost respect for the man.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Crybaby Payton can keep them around .500 imo. His offensive mind is one of the better ones currently.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's kinda what I meant. On company time. On the company's dime. On the company's venue. And using what should be a symbol pf American pride.

I hope he never see's another minute on TV in any way shape or form..........but it's become the American way to disregard the 90% and fight for the rights of the 10% who represent no pride whatsoever.