1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Drew Brees done?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid he might be, I think there might be a lot of
    look out blocks coming his way. It was never about the anthem or the flag.
    Unfortunately Drew missed this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Doubtful. He already read the apology written by his publicist and people are moving on

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Agree about Drew missing on what it was about, definitely not about the flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I think Brees will be fine. If it were Flacco or Fitzpatrick who had said it they'd be done but, Brees is too good a player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Very true, but I think he has lost his luster. He better be able to run, I think some OL
    might miss some blocks after his unfortunate mistake.

7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    E. Dickerson had this problem in Indianapolis.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I would not say he is done per say. However, to say that the current state of the Saints Locker Room is fractured is not out of the question here. Will it be able to recover from this is the question.

Drew Brees did state an apology..... through video. However, physical interaction with another person is critical in terms of finding honesty and integrity. We will all have to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    You all have heard the old saying it is easy to forgive, but terribly hard
    to forget.Unless Drew can make an lasting impression on his teammates down there
    in Orleans, his healthful days are over, he better be able to run and protect himself.

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No doubt about it, Breeze messed up. What he said was tone deaf given what happened. I just don't get why he was doing an interview or even fielding that question in the first place so soon after everything that went down in Minnesota? Something doesn't add up there? It's almost like someone was trying catch him saying something stupid.

I think this is being blown way out of proportion though. He has apologized TWICE. No one wants to accept the apology though, everyone seems to want to pile on him. Like I said, he messed up, but I've been taught if someone apologizes you should accept it and move on. He didn't have to apologize. He could have waived his middle fingers at everyone, but he didn't because he has integrity.

Drew Breeze might have done more for New Orleans than any other sports figure in history for that town, how quickly they forget that, huh? He has given millions in philanthropy to the city.

I support anyone who feels the need to kneel for the National Anthem. It's a First Amendment right. But I think people also need to be okay with the reasons Breeze said he himself would not kneel...everyone has their own experience and their own truth and people need to have mutual respect. You have to have EMPATHY for reasons to kneel, and reasons not to kneel. HOWEVER, I also think there will always be people who are offended by the act of kneeling during the National Anthem, even though people kneeling have just cause, and I think people have to understand that too...but don't quickly dismiss them, try to understand where they are coming from.

The year kneeling all started I think my biggest problem is everyone was talking about the kneeling and not the issues at hand. My thing is "okay what is the next step?" ... you got attention by kneeling, but what comes after that? What is the plan for your protest? Otherwise, you are just kneeling and eventually people will either forget the intent of the message or they will just become more upset and not even discuss the intent.

To Answer the OP. I don't think he is done, I think Breeze can galvanize the locker room, but if people are still burying him during training camp I don't blame him if he hangs it up.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fair assessment and well worded Da Steelars. One thing that needs to be remembered - the original "kneeler" was a sitter during the Anthem but was scolded by men in uniform that he was disrespecting the Flag and should at least take a knee, not sit on his a$$. The knee was not the idea of the protester.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's a great meme going around now. "People don't want to hear YOUR opinion, they want to hear THEIR opinion come out of YOUR mouth" Brees was asked his opinion, he gave it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The timing was atrocious, Brees should have held his breath imo. It was a loaded question that got the better of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Makes one wonder at the timing of the question. A bit like asking a candidate on the campaign trail, "Have you quit beating your wife yet?"

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    People are too harsh on him. It was his opinion I don’t think he’s racist at all, just brought up differently. Was forced to apologize and people still hate him now anyways

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't think Drew missed anything. Although the protest wasn't about the flag, Drew's simple statement of never agreeing with the disrespecting of the flag was spot on and accurate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Heard on the radio this morning that some knuckleheads want the Saints to do away with the "Fleur de Lys" as their emblem because, somehow, it's racist. Just a rudimentary search reveals that it's been associated with the French royals since the year 466 AD. Just more people looking to be butt-hurt!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Drew Breeze has done wonders with his philanthropic endeavors down in the Big Easy.
    And like other poster's have said he did apologize, Now we shall see if it is real and his teammates have accepted
    his apology.

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    That’s the problem with society today but whatever.

I guess “I’m part of the problem”

lol

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too.
    I also don't see anything wrong with "Paw Patrol" or "Looney Tunes" I guess that makes us...…………….adults!

• Like Like x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m also not afraid to speak my opinion. I know who I am and don’t need public display to prove what I’m not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Someone will always be looking to cry foul even when no foul has been committed......it's the American way:puking2:

There was nothing for him to apologize for in the first place. Using a national stage, which you are privileged to have, and using the American flag to garner attention to your whining is despicable and Drew, like most of us, doesn't appreciate it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We are being forced to only one opinion now and will be silenced if we oppose it.

sad

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's a relatively new thing. About the time of the rise of social media. Coincidence?

• Like Like x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    My problem with what Krapyerdick did, was that he did it on company time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1