1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Big Ben the cause of the all the maneuvering?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lewisha, Aug 31, 2017.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That was one of the greatest catches and individual efforts to get in the EZ and win a game I've ever seen. Incredible!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was sitting in the lower bowl on the 10 to witness that. Absolutely amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    At this point regular season wins don't constitute as clutch games. I need to see that in the playoffs.

4. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i'd say this has some to do with it but as much to do with dan rooney being gone and art 2 having a different style of leading how we do things now. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The Steelers had more cap space than they have in recent memory and I think the league in general also does. I think that is why the deals have been made. It is hard to make trades for actual players when teams have no cap space.

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The team should want to win it all every year.
    Not just because one guy says he's out soon.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Rooney's know exactly what they are doing, Art II learned from a master. They know Ben's
    clock is ticking. I am glad they have been more pro active this year, and have hope they will continue to be pro active in their decision making going forward.

9. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    So I guess the Baltimore game last year to win the division isn't a big enough game. I'd say that was pretty clutch in the redzone. AB did a lot but Ben trusted him to get in.

10. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Oh I definitely think Big Ben is clutch...I wouldn't take any other QB in the league over our #7. And I stand by that. :herewego!:

11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No one cares about regular season wins. I am talking about scoring TD's inside the 5 yard line in the playoffs. Big Ben has been terrible in executing in those situation for years now.

12. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Every game against the rats is a playoff game. I care about those games. Those games give Ben at least a chance to make a big play in the playoffs. If it wasn't for those plays he would be on the couch during the playoffs. They do matter

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Listening to Ben after practice today should really drive it home for everyone. He talked about Having Conner and Juju's next to him in the locker room as well as TJ and sharing his stories. Giving them the benefit of his experiences, telling them what it is to be a Steeler. That he just wanted to be around those young guys. IF that doesn't tell you that this is it and they Front Office is gearing up for a run because Ben really is thinking it's over, then I am not sure what could be said.

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The refs missing the Eric Weddle facemask penalty as well.