1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Antonio Brown the Steelers greatest WR ever?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by saturdaysarebetter, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What the heck just happened? I click post and the site put it there four times?!

2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    At the end of the day, we aren't arguing apples to apples. Even Hines played in a much more titled game to the D compared to AB and, of course, the game LS and JS played in was insanely different than what AB is playing in. Short of taking out a baseball bat or gun, DBs could do almost anything they wanted. LS was brutalized out there, to the point that it shortened his career. How would AB fair in that environment? We can't possibly say. But I will say this: AB has made far more insanely great grabs, regardless of what DBs are allowed to get away with. Almost every game it seems AB comes up with grabs that boggle the mind. LS and JS had their share, but no where near the # of fantastic plays that any other Steeler has ever made.

3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    People, can we please stop mentioning Hines Ward along with these other receivers. Geeez. I love hines , do not get me wrong, I can not remember him even dropping a pass but I also can not remember him ever going up against the opposing teams number 1 corner............ The opposing teams game planned more against plex, and holmes and even mike wallace so stop mentioning his name along with alltime world class talent. Go ahead kill me, I do not care. And someone mentioned that Hines was best alltime slot receiver... Please do not tell me you think hines was better than wes welker. You guys get a friggin clue........

I love Hines more cause he cried after the pats playoff loss and killing people and the fact that he wasnt yucking it up with the other teams players after the game but Hines is nowhere close in talent to these other receivers....

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ward was bad ass! He's one of the best Steelers wide receivers ever. He absolutely earned the right to be mentioned with the likes of Swann, Stallworth and AB.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hines was a transformational receiver. I honestly believe that opposing defenses feared Hines Ward. He was the Ronnie Lott of WRs. I often say that he may not go down as one of the greatest receivers of all time, but he was darn sure one of the greatest football PLAYERS of all time. He never took a play off and he would freaking knock your head off if he got an opportunity. Ask Ed Reed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1