1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting take

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Aug 28, 2017.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    On Steelers Depot that the Steelers may flat out release Ross and look to sign someon like Kyle Fuller if he is released .I didn't know the Bears where thinking of cutting Fuller ?

If the DC is serious about being able to play man then releasing Ross would be the right move .Here is the link it's under the DB grades part.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/steelers-vs-falcons-positional-grades/

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well it is a good thing that the Steelers will not release Ross Cockrell. Way too important a piece in spite of his very shaky preseason.

If anything, Pittsburgh already has a contingency plan should they believe that Ross is no longer capable of being in the starting line up.

His name? Coty Sensabaugh. Kyle Fuller would be great if he was not getting himself injured quite often. This does not even account for the fact that Kyle is a free agent in 2018 anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would be VERY surprised. Hard to imagine them letting go of a known quantity for an unknown one in their worst position grouping. I just don't see how the abundance of talent in the WR room doesn't translate into a trade for a CB. Why wait for cut down day and then maybe get someone worthwhile. Be proactive.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah if we wanted another injured player, We would just hold on to Golson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep. He is also an option.

No reason to attempt to obtain someone like Fuller anyways. He is slated to become a free agent after this season.

With respect to Josh of SteelersDepot, while I agree that the secondary has to improve overall, it is not wise to add someone, a rental player essentially no less, this late in the preseason.

6. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Well, this would be pretty dumb, IMO.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    no need to trade anymore. just hope Hilton, coty, improve and Mitchell stays healthy

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm sure Hilton and Coty will improve. However, I'm not sure the hope of all 7+ billion people on earth will be enough for the bold part but we'll try.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah I know lol he will be out

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ross wasn't signed long term. i'm not saying he will be cut but i think they still have doubts about him for the future. :cool: