1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting offseason encounter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 58stillers, Jun 7, 2016.

1. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    A buddy of mine plays in a couples golf league every friday. This past week he was matched up with another couple that was maybe mid 70's age. My buddy is a steelers fan as well and noticed the guy he was matched up with had Steelers driver covers so he struck up some casual conversation about being a fan too.

So then the guy said, yeah, he actually played for the Steelers a long time ago in the mid 1960's. His name was Jim Bradshaw, played safety for a few years. My buddy was just tickled pink inside that he actually met a real former Steelers player.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's from my hometown. went to the same HS at a different time though. he also played for the wheeling ironmen a semi pro team. he had 11 picks as a safety for the steelers and played 62 games for them. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    That is pretty cool stuff. The only people I ever run into are the homeless guy named Chuck who used to play the spoons for the River Rats, Lola who is pretty until she talks and this old guy that thinks he is a chicken...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1