1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting new twist to a mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by centralpa007, Apr 10, 2012.

1. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd be happy with that draft... Mostly because I'm a big fan of Barron, and we still fill several needs. We could groom Barron to take over for Ryan Clark who's already on the decline, and then move over once Troy is done.

3. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It isn't a bad draft at all. The thing they did that I really liked...move back into the 3rd round for an additional pick. I always look at the draft this way:

1st round - Should push to start or start right away unless behind a solid vet

2nd and 3rd round - eventual starters or major contributors

4th, 5th, and 6th round - Role players

7th round - Just hoping they make the team

UFDA - Looking for diamonds in the rough

You will find guys that don't reach their draft position (Sweed) or who will exceed it (Willie Parker), but this is my guideline.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wow that is a lot of linemen.

Will Blackwell would be a waste of a pick. I can already see him not beating out Legursky, and then Blackwell gets stolen from our PS and becomes a star somewhere else. They need to draft linemen early enough that the thought of sending them to the PS is not an option.

Steelers might not draft a guard in the 1st, but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility either and looks like some quality guys will be there when we pick.

I'm not sure Ta'amu is the anchor on a Dline the Steelers are looking for when compared to a Josh Chapman.

5. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    It says what I have been saying all along. When it comes time to pick, you gotta take the highest rated
    at any position. Yes we need OL and DL, but the time we pick they will be down to the 4 and 5th rated. So you gotta take an elite or trade up.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not so sure legs is a lock. he can't stay healthy and may just be healthy enough by camp to workout. with essex re-signing, it may put a strain on legs position, since essex has shown the ability to play center and stays pretty healthy. i think blackwell is a little underated and so is foreman from mich.st. and snow from tex. snow can play all 3 interior spots as well. all these guys could be had really late. if they are not drafted, i wouldn't have a problem with any combination of them being added as udfa. they all played at very good programs and were winning programs while they played. this preseason will be interesting to say the least. :cool: