1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest in Trumaine Johnson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not too many CB's have had success defending AB. It's not just the Steelers CB's struggling with it.

How are they measuring up to the other receivers? Are they are getting beat like a drum by all of them?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We'd probably need a first round pick in this scenario... the value just isn't there. LeVeon Bell would be a HUGE trade piece. We're not gonna take a decent CB who would still have to sign a new deal with us for a guy like Bell straight up. I'd take Bell for 15mil over Johnson for just a few million less. That's just me tho.

also Gurley is still a ram...

3. BigD43

BigD43 Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Would Seattle be willing to part ways with him? If so, what would it take to obtain him? A first rounder?

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Richard Sherman had success against AB when they played that game in Seattle a few years ago.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Bell isn't going to be traded and I doubt the Steelers would deal a first-round draft pick for a cornerback. Their failure to properly value the position is part of why they are in this spot in the first place.

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If it were an actual thang, I'd trade Bell for a stud DB and the other teams 1st in a heart beat. The dudes talent is off the charts, but his reliability has not been inspiring come crunch time and his supposed self worth is laughable too. hes consistently folding his fault or not at the injury front when it matters most. He's already failed the stupid test and continues to do so with a greedy aspiration. Maybe I'd buy into it minus the stupidity but that's not an option. Injuries happen but when you put it all together, I'd take the above scenario in a heart beat.

Now we know it ain't gonna happen so in the short term, hope he kicks ass this year and Helps the team get the trophy cause in reality, he's only going to become more of an issue moving further especially at the ass end of heavily contributed super bowl run... And in my opinion Pittsburgh gonna end up with buyers remorse if they cave in

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, held the **** out of him too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very smart on his part, it's only a crime if you get caught...If the ref is not going to call it ,you take that advantage ..Only a good CB can force a ref to keep his flag in his pocket ...

Oh how I wished we had a CB of that stature ..This is Football the refs allow WR'S to push off to set picks a DB should be allowed to get handsy , but the only ones who can are proven talent of elite status....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Only because mugging is legal up there.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The idea of trading for Johnson makes no sense. He will be a FA next year. If you are thinking the trade would be conditional on a long term contract, that can't be negotiated until he is a FA next year. Sooo... how much are you willing to trade for an overpriced CB for 1 year?

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Two jumbo boxes of Mike and ikes, 10 issues of last season's Steelers Digest, and a personally autographed picture of Omar Epps.

12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't understand the price tag.... 2 years of Bell at 12/14mil is worth way more than 1 year of Johnson at 17. 1st round pick??? Asinine. At that price tag and only one year left on his deal it would be absolute robbery if the Rams get more than a couple of third round picks.

Asset management people....

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It's just hypothetical talk I believe, but like I said... Bell for Johnson and their 1 st rd pick I'd do it. Asset manage is hard when you have an asset that doesn't want to be managed.

14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    That's the best trade I've heard for us. I missed that in the thread. Either way I was talking about people saying we should trade Bell or Martavis straight up... I'd consider your scenario if we had zero interest in negotiating further with Bell. I don't think that's the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I have a buddy that lives close to Seattle and his brother has season tickets to the seahags. He texted me the other day and said that their local gvt had been running a program for years of giving junkies "free" needles. They finally decided to get rid of it after 3 years because apparently multiple kids have been stuck with dirty needles at local parks. So if mugging actually was legalized there I seriously wouldn't be surprised. I'd actually call it "Sherman's Law" since that's basically what he does the whole game long. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011

Not only do they give free needles but they are doubling down and building sites for them to go and use drugs free of cops and being arrested.

That said id want more for bell, 2 first round picks and a solid cb this year

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I wish the Steelers CBs had those capabilities, instead of letting New England WRs run wide open :shrug:.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So it worked too the refs didn't call it, I think he also had a int in the game.

19. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Johnson is on a 1 year deal....thats currently one more year than Bell is on.....Until he signs that tag...he is not in the NFL at all...and once he does sign...its a 1 year deal....and if you already turned down a contract that would pay you more than 4 mill a year more than the #2 guy....I am not sure you sign for 5 or 6 mill more? Whats his number?

BEN is the franchise...everyone else is window dressing...and that includes AB......as long as Ben is here they have a chance.

HACK

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, if you can get away with cheating, thats about the only way to beat him.

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Is this your way of Freudian Slipping that you're a pats fan???:shrug::scratch: LOL!

22. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    What about trading a late round pick to the Bears for Kyle Fuller? He's a former first-rounder who has seemingly fallen out of favor in Chicago.

23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I honestly think it comes down to coaching at this point. Look at the o-line. Horrendous for years, couple picks and brought Munchak in and now they are one of the best lines in the league. Blocking is blocking it will never change. The DB position has changed over the years with the new rule changes. Carnell Lake was great in the 90s. Position has changed and he's not getting the job done. We need a new DB coach.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe the new guy ( or lady) can get Golson onto the field?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Maybe he could also turn water into wine

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1