1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DJ18Baller, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dotson was hurt much of last season. I guess he is too small for the NFL, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I wonder how many of these types of players we have brought on that could be labeled as successful. Just curious as I remember some in the past that didn't last long but not sure if there were others that did. Speed can overcome a lack of size sometimes so looking fwd to his return to find out.

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree. Concern is more about timing than what or how an injury occurred to me for this player. Some players seem to be injury magnets for things like sprains, muscle pulls, the list goes on. Nagging injuries that seem to be attracted to certain players. U Gilbert comes to mind. It seemed he was always down with something. Having something happen before camp ends isn't a tell all that this is the case with Austin, but it makes people wonder about it. When he comes back, we'll figure it out. I hope he has some magic because we'll need it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I guess we can revisit this at years end and check out the monster stats he puts up!

My claim is it was a wasted pick due to the fact he won’t be able to stay on the field. We can debate as to why he is hurt but once again the bottom line is he is hurt and not producing.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

Let me get this straight...2 weeks ago, If it was a regular season game, He could have gone back in...

2 weeks LATER, He says he's still not sure he'll be able to play this Sunday... LMAO, That makes ZERO f***in sense!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin made up some BS about him being able to go back in. Dionte is most likely out this week from the sounds of it IMO possibly longer.

“IMO” want to make sure the medical police don’t get upset about speculating on a message board.

7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He said he COULDN’T have gone back in.

At least he’s moving in the right direction, being limited today. Let’s hope he can be full by Friday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin said if it were a regular season game he would have gone back in.yet two weeks later he is looking iffy at best. I believe that was Discos confusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Where in my post did I suggest he was going to put up monster stats as a rookie? I'll give you yet another hint. Never.

I do appreciate your attempt to move the goalposts after having it clearly demonstrated that your argument doesn't hold up. Your claim was that his current injury somehow proves he can't stay healthy in the NFL. It does not.

We don't know that he can't stay on the field. He had one injury. More importantly, it was the sort of injury that has nothing to do with his lack of size. Little guys are no more prone to foot injuries than big guys. If anything, they are less likely to have such issues. Willie Colon had major foot injuries. Was he too small? Foot injuries ruined Bill Walton's NBA career. Was he too small?

If you want something more recent, Dotson was hurt most of last season. Is he too small?

Austin played 23 games his final two seasons in college. Pickens played 12. Is Pickens too small?

Two things are true. One is that any draft pick can bust. Another is that Austin's injury does not prove what you think it proves. It doesn't even come close.

10. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You are talking about his foot injury which who knows how he injured it. I’m talking about him not being available and holding up to the rigors of the NFL due to his miniature stature and thus a wasted pick. We can revisit in a couple years and see how productive he was for us. No point in going back and forth proof will be in the pudding.

11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Dionte Limited
    Marcus Allen Limited

That’s the extent of the first official injury report!

Hopefully Dionte can play a Sunday but he didn’t sound very confident speaking to reporters about his chances to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are insisting that his stature makes him injury-prone and falsely claiming that his foot injury proves your point. It doesn't, because foot injuries have nothing to do with his lack of size. You have ignored evidence proving that your point is crap. It is idiotic to insist that a pick was wasted before the first game of a player's rookie year.

Actually, the point is that your made a poor argument and now you are sticking your fingers in your ears and turning into this guy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice twist you put on what he actually said

14. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    DJ18Baller: Revisit it in a couple of years. No point going back and forth, proof will be in the pudding

Also DJ18Baller: He's a wasted pick

Hmm, great logic.........

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I said I feel he was a wasted pick because of his miniature size. I don’t think he will pan out at this level because of it. Of course I could be wrong so I said no point arguing it now let’s give it a few years of him in the league and reconvene. Not sure what is hard to understand about this?

16. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    OK JEH here is his exact quote

“It’s annoying I’m trying to do everything my arm will allow me and take it one day at a time to get back to the guys on Sunday”

Does that sound like a guy confident about playing Sunday JEH?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You declared it settled, then upon having me point out that your evidence doesn't hold up, you want to back away from the discussion. Got it.

18. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Declared it settled? You are a funny guy

How many times do I have to say in my opinion?

I got news for you…… when it comes to future predictions NONE of us are 100%

19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm not arguing with you. Personally, I'm not a fan of miniature football players either. Then the field would have to be much smaller and my eye sight is going to sh!t.
    If anything, I'm an advocate for giant football players. No one under 10 feet. Now that would be a sight to see!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    This week I've flipped my back up. As I sit in the physio waiting room I can't imagine contemplating playing an NFL game in this condition. That's my injury update.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I haven't seen any of the medical reports specifying the injury, but it is very probable that he suffered an AC joint sprain ("shoulder separation") based on the mechanism of injury. This typically has a 1 to 4 week recovery time depending on the grade of the sprain. A high grade injury would require surgery which it doesn't sound like he needs.

I think we would know if he had a collarbone fracture, and it didn't appear that he had dislocated the shoulder joint. Worst case scenario, he could have a labral tear or rotator cuff injury, but I think that's less likely based on how he landed. These types of injuries would also likely be treated surgically in the case of an NFL wide receiver, unless it's a very small tear.

Hopefully he can play Sunday, but I would be surprised if he misses more than a game or two at the most.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    jack lambert. turf toe.:cool:

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Get your @ss out there! :lolol:

If DJ can't go he can't go and it's sounding like that. Can't risk further injury.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sims isn't bad. we have depth at that position. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Next time try having that reflect in your posts before the flaws in them are pointed out. :)