1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Update for Monday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Oct 7, 2015.

1. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  3. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    It's not a disaster, but it's also, potentially, not good.

If Shazier can't go, I think it would be a big loss. SD has some very quick RB's and we would definitely miss his speed. I think it's a concern that he may have had a setback in his recovery.

I'm hoping MB's soreness is just from not having practiced in a month.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    what happened to Tomlin's remark "Shazier is drastically improving", lol. So he's still listed as questionable. I think Spence has the speed to stay on Woodhead. Brandon Oliver scares me though. With our poor tackling, he could be a nice weapon for them. Those bowling ball types seem to give us fits.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think it's safe to assume that we can't rely on Shaz. Whenever he does play it will be an added bonus lol

6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Last I heard on Shazier was a pinched nerve in his shoulder, forget the source, tho..

Thought he was improving.

Sad to hear he has the sling on again...

Never had injury problems at OSU, hope it`s been fluke things, has shown a lot, when healthy!!!

Martavis, who knows?

I`m hoping it`s just sore from being banged around again, but I doubt they bang each other much in practice, during the season, nowadays..

Don`t know, I`m not there to see... Maybe they do...?

GO STEELERS!!!

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As someone who shyed away from Mosely because of his injury history, Shazier being hurt this much and Mosley doing great is a real kick in the pants.

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Taking Shazier over Mosely was always a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No taking Shazier over a CB was a mistake, dude is freaking china doll.

10. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Never showed that fragile side in college..

And "China Dolls" don`t rack up 15 tackles in a game...

GO STEELERS!

eDIT... as for taking a cornerback...

I won`t argue... we need them more than LB`s!!!

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah he had 15 tackles in a game but he hasn't played since then, they should've drafted his teammate at Ohio State CB Bradley Roby who is playing well for Denver.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yep, you're right. I said it the moment we made the pick and unfortunately it looks like I'll be saying it for the next decade.

13. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    You should lend the Steelers your crystal ball.

14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He was hurt by a tiny WR on a crossing route. He's just fragile.

15. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Woulda been happy with Roby...

Was Happy With Doran Grant...

Not sure why he was cut, and managed to get back on our practice squad...

Still looked better in college, than what we have playing CB, now,

But, I understand that`s college, and not Pro...

I`m thinking he musta had sumkinda maturity issues, that were kept behind closed doors, and we`ll never know, because his physical skills on the field are there for all to see..

Whatever issues he had off the field in college, weren`t reported on, around here, and he never was suspended, or in the Coach`s "doghouse", while in Columbus...

Kinda shocked, he didn`t stick as at LEAST a second stringer with us...

There HAS to be "more to the story", than I know...

GO STEELERS!

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Kyle Fuller was taken just before Shazier. I have to believe he was the intended target along with Shazier(not my choice). Unless you wanted another "midget" CB in Verrett, but I know how you do not like them. Roby maybe? Who were you thinking?

edit...I see Roby from earlier posts, they came up when I was writing.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wanted Mosley from the get go that draft. Shazier definitely has the tools to put together a good career and I hope he does. Hate that the rats took Mosley. I'm beginning to learn the argument is neither here nor there, but just a point to say "I told you so". Not saying that's your agenda and I'm not immune but Shazier's a Steeler now and I hope he tears the NFL a new one. Especially against the rats.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Little soon to be writing Shazier off due to injuries.

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Devils advocate, but that was a big hit he laid and remember thinking at the time... I could feel that sitting on my couch.

20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    You're right, turtle. I need to stop beating that drum. It was/is just doubly disheartening because not only did we not take the guy I was hoping for prior to the draft, the Ravens got him. I was sick that night.

And like you, I want Shazier to succeed now that he's here. He seems like a great kid. He just can't stay healthy.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Believe me, Steeler fans are as competitive as they come. And I am especially with the draft. I'm no scout by any means but still feel attachments to the guys I wanted the Steelers to take. I just think they could really make the team that much better. I was sick that night too. Let's hope it turns out in the long run.

22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'd have to see it again, but I remember them running at each other with Shazier getting the worst of it.

These last few drafts, with the exception of a few standouts like Decastro and Tuitt, have been more miss than hit.

Makes me nervous for the future. Especially considering Ben's limited window.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If you see the replay, turn up the volume there was a nice "crack of the pads". I'm sure by the looks of it, fans would like to hear that from the Buccos hitters tonite. Sorry low blow baseball fans!!

24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I remember the crack, I just remember thinking, "that little guy just gave Shazier a lick"

25. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah because Shazier ended up on his back oh wait no it was the other way around.