1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injuries oh the injuries!

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by thorn058, Dec 12, 2017.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I finally get into the playoffs for one of our leagues and I have not only lost my starting QB in Aaron Rogers but now my backup Carson Wentz goes down and I am scrambling to get anyone to help me win this coming week. What kinda crazy luck do I have to have to make it through this crazy season

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Happens to me just about every year. I'm not in the message board league, but I play with people from work. This year, I've lost Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wenz, Chris Thompson, and a couple of other from my initial draft. I'm in 1st place, but now I don't have most of my best players when it counts.

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, you could get Aaron Rodgers back this week. That's also why I usually draft 3 QBs. Someone will inevitably get hurt.

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Got him back barely got into the championship round versus @Steel_Elvis and not lost him again. Pretty sure I'm going to get my butt kicked. But any given sunday

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And it all comes down to Boswell vs Marshawn Lynch today! I’m up 6 with Boswell yet to play, and Lynch yet to play for Thorn. A big game by Lynch could sink me. Let’s go Boz!

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep lots closer than I thought it was going to be. I hAve to watch the pregame and see it Lynch is going to play they have him listed as DNP. I'm hoping he can go.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Gave it the college try but came up 8 points shy. Not bad for losing my starting and back up QB

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Indeed, a good, close championship game. I was sweating it a bit the way that Lynch ran in the 1st half.

In my other league, I was trailing by 6 until the final play. I have the Eagles defense, and got 8 points for that TD return of the desperation lateral play. Won by 2! Unfortunately that was the 3rd place game. That would have been a crazy end for a championship game.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Came so close!

My first season doing this and lost in the championship game by a few points. If I set the right lineup Id have won. Played Ben over Goff plus Zeke was rusty after the layoff, did nothing for me. Bunch of other players on my bench out performed my starters this week.

He had Gurly, killed me, one guy beat me.

Injury bug got me too, lost Watson which rendered Fuller useless who also got hurt, was mopping people up with them. Lost Dalvin Cook too. Have Ertz who took a hit when Wentz went down, would have won tonight if he could have gotten into the endzone but Foles sucks something awful.

Oh well, it was fun if not incredibly frustrating :lolol: