1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingram to Chiefs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I get that you keep trying to blow that incident out of proportion to sell your argument, but taken to its logical conclusion, you should be question everything reported by any member of the media because they have all gotten something wrong at one point or another.

This trade makes it clear that her initial report was absolutely correct. Ingram wanted out. Now you've got at least one poster (not you) moving the goalposts and focusing on the comment about him thinking he is better than Highsmith. Honestly, who gives a **** if he thinks he is better than Highsmith. He should think that. He was a Pro Bowl player at one point, so even though the team thinks he is wrong and many posters here think he is wrong, Ingram would absolutely be entitled to say or think he is better.

We may never get confirmation either way on Ingram's opinion of how he compares to Highsmith, but we certainly got evidence that she was right about the important part of the story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    AA2F4FA2-F9A7-499D-989E-1FE550C4E105.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Philadelphia eagles win another super bowl?

Oh you mean brown lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Bull. Tell him he plays here and earns that next contract or he sits and pouts. A sixth-round pick is not worth sending him to a team they will be battling for a playoff spot, a team they will be playing this season. The Chiefs were desperate for defensive help and the Steelers just handed it to them.

This is the Blount disaster all over again. The Steelers have to stop caving to this kind of crap. I disagree with Maddog's overall characterization of Colbert's work the last two years, but he is absolutely right about this trade. For a team that put so much focus on trying to contend this year, this move makes no sense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Brady always comes to mind when I hear 6th round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He won't fix Kansas City's defense, but he will improve it. Doing that when the Steelers will have to play them and with the Chiefs possibly competing with them for a wild card spot is just stupid.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Ingram was playing. He certainly had a larger role than either of those other two. Maybe it is time the Steelers stopped worrying about backups getting their feelings hurt and hold them to their contracts rather than helping other teams during the season.

9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Doubt we take a qb in the 6th… we already got our future in the 3rd lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Question: I know very little about the player involved in this trade but how come NFL get such low returns in trades for the most part. There are players that are very good but the returns are underwhelming for the most part. How come?

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Except he couldn’t which is why he was still a free agent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm assuming they trade them on the same contract they're on? So they're trading for half a season of Ingram. There are a lot of players on one year contracts this year, so that might be why trade returns aren't so great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

If you’re only getting a guy for the rest of the season, 9-10 games, and then he’s a free agent, you’re not giving up a lot to get him.

if he has a big salary and you’re cap strapped, you offer even less.

if he also wants out and is unhappy where he is, it’s fire sale time.

so returns are gonna be underwhelming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Why do players feel empowered to act out their way off the Steelers?

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We got a 6th for a guy we didn’t want who was going to be a free agent.

What team he went to is irrelevant. If we didn’t want him he wasn’t a player to be concerned with on any other team.

Great deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm with you there. However you got here, I don't care if you're unhappy, honor the contract. This team has become so wishy washy with this.

17. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Google disgruntled NFL players dude. I dont understand the short -sighted and naive argument that disgruntled players are exclusive to the Steelers. The Steelers just played a team last week with a guy named Odell Beckam Jr on it. Go to the cleveland Brown message board and read all the posts with issues of OBJ complaining about not getting enough targets. His dad has literally inserted himself and posted on IG a video of instances where OBJ had gotten separation or was running open and Baker Mayfield wasnt getting the ball to him.

Jaylon Smith just got released weeks after being with the Packers...what do u think the chances are a similar situation to what was going on with Ingram here wasnt going on there??

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i am assuming he meant with FA and overspending on duds.
    drafts are drafts. Too early to grade 2020 and 2021 drafts

19. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Taco Flavored Kisses

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I would love to play hard ball with theses Jack ass's, but that's not the way things work anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don't forget about Minkah. He forced his way off the Dolphins. Doo Doo is always mad about something. Usually ownership. He's wrong the majority of the time or just posts B.S.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's not just the Steelers. And it's not just in sports. Society in general can't suck it up and work harder anymore. Just ***** or quit to get what you want.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not blowing anything out of proportion. When someone makes that kind of bonehead mistake or outright makes something up, I’m going to take it into consideration on their future reports. I don’t take La Canfora’s reports at face value either.

I look to people with better track records, like Schefter or even Rapaport for clarity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    For real for real ... outside of Harris and freiermuth ... the rest are not starter caliber. Claypool and highsmith could've been gotten in later rds. They show flashes but there is no gameplan by opposing team to contain or stop them