1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingram to Chiefs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Nov 2, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Why the hell would Melvin Ingram come here if it wasn't a chance to play? He probably could have gotten more $$$ to go elsewhere. Same with Blount and Harrison sticking around.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Since you have no proof, now you are backtracking on your comment

3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Backtracking how? At no point did I say I had proof. I don't know about you, but Colbert and company don't usually call me when they make decisions. It's a little thing called speculation and perception.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So it’s :bscow:

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Ok then I guess Ingram signed here cause he liked the town. Since you're gonna be all Sherlock Holmes about it.

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe he thought they were Super Bowl contenders?

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    So you're saying he's stupid then? :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I agree with all that but...They had a great Draft, Can't address it all...Yes, they did get the RB ( I don't have him in FF , But wish I did ) plus TWO starting OL which are looking good, and a TE,who is looking great, PLUS a couple more players that are also contributing!...

Damn, Idk wtf you expect, But they've had a better draft than anyone could have expected...And the year before also ( without a 1st rounder )

* BTW, I hated/still hate the Bush pick and the assets they gave up...But they redeemed themselves imo...

They have a nice group of good, young players in place...And a ton of cap room next year...Be patient!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There is some precedent to some degree of unhappiness with FA signings. Barnett wasn't happy with his role. Barron and Bostic were so-so about. That wr that signed from the Saints the year after they lost Cotchery to free agency. The one from the Colts that was a disaster. I think Vannett was unhappy too. We could stretch for Steven Nelson but that was more a money thing than playing time. We can't be sure what they were promised but I'm sure it wasn't just a chance to compete.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    It will take several years to fill all the holes, could take multiple attempts at QB, the most important.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Smh .... we make some of the dumbest moves

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    This DooDooDoo guy is one of the biggest sheep on this board....put anything out there and he believes it. Go ahead....tell him the earth is flat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Epic fail by the front office. They should have looked elsewhere than KC.

AFC contender that the Steelers will have to play in December and maybe again in the Playoffs.

I was hoping for a player for player trade on the line either Offense or Defense would have worked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Excuse me? I've never even heard of you but somehow you've figured me out already. Bravo. Now if you'll excuse me I've got snake oil to buy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know all the details, but if Ingram was disgruntled and demanded a trade or he would not play at all what were the Steelers to do? The story says they have been trying to trade him for a couple weeks to an NFC team. When they got down to the trade deadline and no NFC teams were interested they chose to get something for him. Only other option was to sit him. We don't need any distractions being dragged out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Looks to me there was more behind the scenes that drove this decision than anyone else may know about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    "We need volunteers, not hostages"- Mike Tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You didnt sit in on conversations between Tomlin and these FA players either, yet you seem to have it all figured out what was promised to them. Seems like a case of Pa Kettle calling Ma Kettle Black

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree with you on this. However, I wonder if it would be so many who'd be starting if we had anyone else who could start?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    In all fairness none of the players, with the exception of Nelson, did a whole lot or were great contributors while here. They were bottom of the barrel players who were fortunate to even be on a team. You cant guarantee any role with players like that. Certainly they werent players the Steelers would miss.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think it's mainly because they believe in teaching, and Bringing Up Homemade talent. If You aren't Heads above What we Have...Like Haden was.....They just want You for a role...while they work on Drafted Players
    ( Home grown), and it sometimes Hurts guys brought in egos.....JMO

23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Then they should have checked the expiration date on their drug screens. JK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    KC'S defense is putrid. Ingram is not going to change that.

Ingram was brought in because of groinstock. Maybe they told him he had a chance to compete which was wrong to do. That fantasy ended. Then he became a back up. He was disgruntled. They got a 6th back. Time to move on.

• Like Like x 4
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    This is now the fourth or fifth player I can think of who forced their way outta here but because I don't have definitive proof it can't be true.

And the expression is the pot calling the kettle black dumbass. Not Pa and Ma Kettle.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1