1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Informational: Chickillo had ankle bone spurs removed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 4, 2019.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    In the off season Chickillo had 4 bone spurs removed from his right ankle. One of them was a big as a shrimp ... popcorn size shrimp, shrimp cocktail size, ... ? In any case he should be much more mobile, hostile, and agile this season.

Kevin Gorman: Bone spurs gone, Steelers’ Anthony Chickillo ready to roll
    https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-g...anthony-chickillo-ready-to-roll-for-steelers/

“He (the doctor) said it was the most he’s ever seen in someone’s ankle,” said Chickillo, pointing to the bone spur on the far left. “That one was as big as a shrimp. It was affecting my game, but it’s all good now.”

Clinical information:
    Bone Spurs/Osteophytes - This Can Be Your Pain - Dr Mandell

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I hope that was the problem and its now fixed. A lot of people on here dismiss Chickillo as just a spare part but an injury and he could be a starter. I sometimes wondered why they didn't try and convert him to the inside position when we were bringing guys in off the street. When healthy he has a non stop motor, but realistically he will be a good special teamer and not much more.

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I already posted on this I hope that it in fact moves the needle north on his relevance.