1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

info about camp battles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And the odds of one or both of those men going down increase each year. I had to laugh at the mention of Lefy being a locker room guy but needs to avoid tripping over anything because as I started to read that sentence that very thought jumped into my head. As I have said before, Lefty's durability aside, I like the guy and think that he is a decent back up. Same with Charlie, only, I like him on the sidelines where his brain can be picked. Johnson is more of a crap shoot, in my opinion than Dixon was when we brought him here. Finally, we lost Hines so who is that fourth guy that can play QB if needed? Coach T I am available if needed!!!

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i like these two as backups at least this year. they both have starting expierience. they both have backup expierience. they both have been around a long time. we have a new offense and i believe these guys are making haley's job alot easier installing it. they all should pick it up easily. we also still have randy fichtner here as a pretty smart cookie as their qb coach. he can help johnson along as well. he did wonders with alot less at memphis. i think haley and fichtner will work well together, at least i hope so. all in all, we have vets to run the show this year while it's new, i think it was the right move for this situation. :cool:

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Not really any big surprise on the TE front. I do think Saunders has his work cut out for him assuming the suspension will stick (and I'm sure it will).

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i like saunders chances. he can block as well as catch. he does have a total game. it's actually pretty impressive how much he did play as an udfa last year. with no ota's and mini camps, not even our draft picks play that much year one usually. he's a big body too. he doesn't move like a 270 pounder though, he's fluid for that size. i don't think there's anyway he doesn't stay. :cool:

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  8. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    He reminds me of gates and before people jump all over me I'm not comparing him to gates or saying he will be just as good but the potential is thre no way he gets cut. Ben went to him in a few big situationnls last year and his td catch was awesome. I will be truely disappointed if they cut him

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

I am a fan of Ziggy's as opposed to some on here, however, I look for Cam to make the big jump and surpass what Ziggy does. I like them both I just think Cam has a higher ceiling when it is all said and done. As far as the other guys, I hope one emerges over the others and (wishful thinking here) could fit in to Hoke's role for the team. Thanks again, Mac, for posting these!

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

no problem jim. :thumbs_up:

i like corbin bryant and i think they do too. he got ota's and mini camp this year. he's a decent young player. if casey starts on the PUP, i think he wins the spot til he's back, barring any injuries. kiesel has not made a full season in forever, so the more expierience he can get early the better, just incase. :cool:

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he has that build and athleticism. i can see where they would be a good comparison. i hope they keep him too, hurtin. :cool:

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  13. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    In my opinion, the write-up for the big uglies is spot on. I'm interested to see the battle between Essex and Beachum, I hope it is a good one!

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i like beachum. he could still be a backup LT down the road, they have readjusted their stand on that. i'd rather they keep him active, because i think we will lose him off the PS. one guy rhat could stick on the PS may be lee. this guys built. he had a great game against florida last year. a little nasty and it doesn't matter who it's against it seems. this is all a positive for down the road. it seems we have not only gotten younger on the O-line but better and i think even at backups. shant be long now. :cool:

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011