1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

In not Tomlin, who?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Romans5:8, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If* not Tomlin..

I'm all for Tomlin being let go...but only if there is someone that I believe could do a better job. I would have loved to get Reich or Vrabel. As it stands right now, I can't think of anyone that I would want to take Tomlin's place (aside from Dungy, which doesn't seem likely).

The nail in our coffin this season, in my opinion, occurred in the Saints' game. The fake punt call on 4th and 5 was ridiculous. Why not simply put the ball in Ben's hands? But that is nothing new...it was just one of many bad decisions that Tomlin has made in critical situations throughout his career.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Of all the things tomlin did to ruin the season that fake punt was about 53rd on the list

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Romans5:8

Oct 17, 2011
    I didn't say it was the worst decision...I said it was the proverbial nail in the coffin in my opinion.

4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    The nail in the coffin was leaving Ben out of the Oakland game and not using a timeout with 130 left to leave time for the offense.. Season was over after that

5. Romans5:8

Oct 17, 2011
    Nice to know your opinion! That decision was was bad too.

6. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Plenty of candidates out there. I really like what Don Martindale did for the Ravens this year.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Who's running the Colts defense? They seem to have stopped digging & crawled out of their hole this year.

8. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    There's always somebody. I don't claim to know all of the coaches in the pro and college ranks, but to really believe that there is no one better out there is not wise. As I said in another thread, we're going to find out about Tomlin next year when he can't hide in a weak division.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1