1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

In Case We Lose To Cinci...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fanfav, Dec 8, 2012.

1. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Assuming the Ravens win the AFC North and we would happen to faulter at home against Cinci, yet win the other three, can somebody explain some less obvious scenerios where we would still get in ?

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We would need a lot of help if we lose to the Bengals, but yes, it would still be possible to get in, but we wouldn't be in control of our own destiny anymore.

3. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    well, there are three ways for us to get in despite a possible loss to cincy

- indy drops out completely, cincy gets to #5 and pit to #6
    - bungles beat pit but in total lose one more game than pit out of the remaining 4
    (- i know you said rats win the division, but if they lose the remaining games, cincy goes 4-0 and pit goes 3-1, cincy gets the afcn and pit the #6 seed)

4. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    A more obvious scenerio would be Cinci losing 2 of their last 4 (as cory stated) so that even if one of the wins was against Pittsburgh ...we would get in (assuming we win the other 3) I guess my point is that their still are more than a few scenerios where we get in even with a loss to Cinci. Plus, if i'm not mistaken, Cinci has a short week because they play Sunday and Thurs.

5. Devastator41

Devastator41 Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Were not out of this by a longshot. There are still ample scenarios where we can lose to Cinci and still get the 5th or 6th seed. GO STEELERS !!!

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is what i think happens
    baltimore goes0-4
    cininnati goes 2-2 beating us and ravens
    we go 3-1 and win the division

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I really want the cry I mean cowboys to win tomorrow. Then cincy win next week and we beat the boys, then cincy comes in to steeltown with a last game win and we bushwhack em

8. Fee066

Fee066 New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    This would be the perfect scenario