1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm not a conspiracy theorist!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Iowasteeljim, Feb 6, 2017.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The last 2 point conversion was an illegal play. surprised no one has mentioned it. Watch the video. The pats had 2 players illegally blocking before brady even threw the ball. It was blatantly obvious. There was a flag on the play against ATL. Should have been offsetting I think... and should have had to replay the down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Teams do this all the time... Patriots especially. They also love those pick plays, which infuriate me. I don't like it, but I can't see it getting officiated out of the league.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Not only did the game suck, but the commercials sucked too.
    I was thinking the same thing, but it depends on where they were blocking..... behind line of scrimmage or "downfield"

"There can be no pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage" per NFL rules digest

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, that too. I knew something was up because the ref threw the flag and basically waits confirmation from the NFL who to call it on. Then he made up some BS on the Falcons.

5. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    ATL CHOKED...THE STAGE WAS TOO BIG FOR THEMM..

6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He could have just audibled but he would have been punished for not sticking to the script. Could have called a penalty on anybody on the 2pt conversion. They picked their winner right there.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nothing is illegal if you're the Pats!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'd have to see the play again, I'm not exactly sure which player you're referring to.

But as to your second point- that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let's go, let's go!!!!sheesh.. that whole Pats team was like OMG we just might lose this game.:facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  11. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah that Edelman catch was photo shopped during the replay to make it look like it didn't hit the ground, but it did cheaters!!! I also think someone put something in the Falcons gatorade!!! They were like gassed!!!"Gatorade-gate":shrug:

12. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Every team on the Pats schedule needs to bring their A game and play these guys tough quit bowing down to these cheats and keep them out of the playoffs, but when you play in weak Division it's easy to get in every year. Plus the opposing Coaches are mesmorized over this team to the point they lay out the red carpet and lay down to them.Send Brady into retirement this year get after him!!!

13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    ALL SBS ARE RIGGED

JEROME BETTIS RETIREMENT SEA GOT SCREWED

PATS WIN TUCK RULE 9/11

NO WINS THE SB DUE TO KATRINA

THE SB BETWEEN PITT AND AZ AZ GOT SCREWED EVEN REF ADMITTED THEY GOT THE LAST CALL WRONG .

SEA VS DENVER, MANNING WAS OVERHEARD ASKING PETE CARROLL WHEN WILL YOU PAY UP?

CAR VS DEN YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT CAM NEWTON DID NOT JUMP ON THE LOOSE BALL AND DENVER RECOVERED .

RAY LEWIS RETIRES WITH A SB WIN

A NY JETS FAN DECIDED TO SUE NFL AFTER SPYGATE AND THE JUDGE SAYS READ THE BACK OF YOUR TIX IT CLEARLY STATES NFL IS ALL FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT.

Dude AZ CARDINALS FANS ARE STILL CRYING OVER THAT SB CALL.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/QY...ploads/chorus_asset/file/7936231/2point.0.gif

Here's the video of the Pat's illegal play to tie the game. ATL corners thought the flag was on NE because they had 2 WR's illegally blocking before the ball was caught behind the LOS.

Often this gets over looked because the WR's making the block say they didn't initiate the contact...or that they were trying to run a route. It is clear as day that both WR's initiated contact and made NO attempt to run a route. Pretty sure you can't block up field before the ball is thrown or caught.

The one team I've seen get away with this on a regular basis is the Packers. After many complaints to the league officials actually called the packers for this early in the season. Packers scoring dropped immediately after the officials starting calling them for it. NE knew they'd get away with it. Every team in the league should run this exact same play on short yardage because it's nearly impossible to defend. - which is why it's illegal.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. moonface

moonface Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Actually picked this.
    Said to wife at half time what's the bet this isn't set up for New England to have the greatest come back in Super Bowl history.
    Why because a friend at work told me to read ESPN's report into New Englands cheating, makes you naturally suspicious of anything they do.
    Case in point Brady misses first 4 games of season, they get 3 straight home games in that period missing only Arizona which at that point were considered a Super Bowl chance.
    Refs play no part in Super bowl win their first touch down drive (if my memory is right) came from 3 defensive holding penalties all in a row and all on 3rd downs that they failed to make.
    That's important as it stops the secondary from making contact allowing their wide receivers to get an easy run down field.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Resulted in a pick six for Atlanta.

18. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Your delivery of aluminum foil has arrived

upload_2017-2-11_22-33-14.png

• Like Like x 1