1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm not a conspiracy theorist!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Iowasteeljim, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep, it is true. I told my wife how the Superbowl would end before it started. Here is this seasons dialog in a nutshell:

Scene: Tom Brady enters Roger Goodell's office before preseason.

Rog: Hey Tommy my boy sit down. (Tom takes a seat)
    Tom: What's up Rog?
    Rog: Well this Deflate Gate isn't going away and the public demands heads to roll.
    Tom: But Rog, I'm your boy!
    Rog: Here is what we are going to do Tommy, we are going to suspended you for four games.
    Tom: But Rog!?! (Roger interrupts)
    Rog: We are going to give you a Championship at the end of the year, Son.
    Tom: Oh boy, Rog, that would be great.
    Rog: I'm not done Tommy...
    Rog: Not only a Superbowl, it is going to be in the greatest fashion ever. Here is what is going to happen...You will get to comeback in the game and win it in the end. Matter of fact, we will go into overtime. Think of it. 5 Superbowls for you, a late game comeback by an un-heard of deficit, to go into the first overtime ever. Jesus, Tommy, I can't make this stuff up!
    Tom: This is great Rog, now I have to get back to porking your wife and daughter. Love you!

Almost sound plausible doesn't it?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    When the Falcons had a 99 percent chance to win SBLl on 20 different occasions and still lost, something wasn't kosher.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    The Falcons got cocky and lost. Also, I don't believe for one minute Goodell, Kraft and Brady are on the outs. That's all a smoke screen for all the championships and cheating the Pats been getting away with. Don't get me wrong. The Patriots are good but, they are a good team that cheats. I still believe they cheat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ratings are down this year across the NFL.

First SB overtime ever? Coincidence?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Conspiracy theories, hmmm:
    Atlanta changed their signal calls between the new england drone video taped practice and game time...... it took New England 3 quarters for their nerd core hackers to figure out the change in call signals.... once the key was unlocked it was all Brady.

Ohh another one:
    Due to the halftime show opening the roof.... just enough cool air entered the stadium to deflate Tommy's balls to his desired pressure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016
  7. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I really hope this is a joke topic. No way this game was rigged. It wasn't close enough for the refs to play a part in it. The only way for it to work was for the Falcons to agree on laying down and losing their 25 point lead. That just isn't happening in any sport.

The Falcons got cocky and conservative down the stretch. 1st and 10 from the 20 with under 4 minutes left. Run the ball 3 times, kick the FG, go up by 11 and the Falcons are Super Bowl Champs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016
    How was this game for point spread ? Did it favor Vegas ?

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Agreed. They missed a clip block. The 50/50 hold call on the Falcons. There was another one too I forget. It's been rigged for the Pats. It's all politics. Trump and the "Patriots" winning.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Oh yeah, the last 2 pt looked like a false start. Dude was still running when Brady hiked it. I thought you couldn't do that in the NFL? Refs threw the flag to either call it or make up some bs on the Falcons. How you find a penalty on the Falcons in a play that took 2 seconds? Of course Goodell made the call and let it go.

11. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Howdy fellows. Two years ago Seattle had a first and goal form the one. A touchdown would of won the game. Instead of running it in, Wilson throws the ball instead. Yesterday, the Falcons were up eight points with a first down on NE 22 yard line. A FG would of virtually
    locked up the game for them. Instead of running the ball three times, they run once,attempt to pass twice, then gets knocked out of FG range. New England should of lost both of these games. You tell me they aren't some lucky SOB's!

12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    The refs played little part in this. But, man oh man, how did the side judge not see the blatant facemask on Sanu??? If he throws the flag there, it becomes offsetting fouls on the hold, and then who knows: the Falcons likely wise up and run the ball, kick the FG, and win. And I don't think a single penalty was called on the Pats in those final 20 minutes.

The Patriots took the game away from Atlanta on many levels. But the Falcons got no help from the officials or the field turf that was 1/2 too short to render Edelman's catch incomplete...or the damn coin.

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Here is what happened
    Dialing sound, ring ring
    Hello, Bill Cowher here.
    Bill, this your boy Dan Quinn, It's halftime in Huston and I need some advice
    I'm your huckleberry Dan
    So whatcha got?
    Go prevent defense, they can't come back even if they score late Third
    Anything else Bill
    Yeah, go prevent offense too, that'll slow the game down making it even harder to come back
    How did you come up with this good stuff Bill
    Well I didn't do that in a game way back in 2002 week 10, (Byitch did do it) and I ended up tied. 1st one in 10 years, can't remember who we played, but that damn Coastal Steeler still hates me for it but he knows nothing about coaching
    OK Bill I am going prevent the whole 2nd half. Thanks Buddy
    OK, I gotta wipe the spit off this phone and hang it up
    click
    funny noises, click
    Now you know why tommy boy has 5 rings

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    No the bird did leave early

15. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Trump walks out of his own sb party before 1st half was over thinking pats will lose...you are way off

16. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
  17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
  18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You are kidding, right? I am handing out tinfoil hats as we speak!

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    A couple more:

Atlantas playbook went missing earlier in the week, a reporter mistakenly walked off with it (how does that even happen?)

Ryan had to call a timeout to switch helmets because he lost comms.

Hmmm :hmm: :lolol:

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'm convinced that many of the past 17 SBs have a "Hollywood ending" to them starting with the Patriots winning after Sept. 11th. How much more American can you get than patriots winning after a terrorist attack? SB XL? Bettis finally getting a ring......in his home town. The sad sack Saints after Katrina? Peyton Manning? This year I think it was an apology to Brady. Too many of the big games have had coincidental outcomes. Am I wrong? Probably, but still...........

• Like Like x 1
  21. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    If this yrs sb was fixed , ATL FALCONS would've been sb Champs right now, because goodell wants no part of handing sb to tom shady....

22. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You can continue moving, as long as it's horizontal to the line of scrimmage. In motion doesn't count as false start.

Still sucks though.

23. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    And let's not forget who their opponent was... the Eagles, the symbol of America. Patriots and Eagles. Go figure.

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Well he wasn't on the line of scrimmage? Does that change anything? I just thought they did away with that a long time ago. I haven't seen anybody run that in forever. I'm sure Belicheat dug in the rulebook and found a loophole.

25. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I have a conspiracy,

Check it out....now that trump is president, he will make sure Brady wins the sb every yr...