1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm heading to Frisco!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mogadiba, Dec 16, 2011.

1. mogadiba

mogadiba Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My flight leaves Seattle on Sunday morning. Got my tickets to the game. Got my hotel booked. And now I'm just so f'ing excited. Anyone else going? Anything in San Francisco that I just HAVE to do (or more likely, eat)?

Thursday night to Monday night is a long time. And then Saturday next week? Haven't had a normal game in a month!

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You suck! :grin:

Have fun.

3. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Have fun, I am curious what type of following we will have at that game in San Fran. Then again, we are everywhere, right? Was it hard to get tickets?

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm jealous, Mogadiba. Leave your voice in Frisco for us. :herewego:

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If you're heading to San Francisco - Be sure to wear flowers in your hair (or at least your classic Lethon Flowers shirt on your back!). I was going to take this pilgrimage to SF (took one to Phoenix in September) but the whole package would have set me back almost twice as much as Ariz. You'll have a blast and I can guarantee a plethora of Black and Gold comrades around you especially since it will be cold and at night and let's just say the fair weathered fans by the Bay will mainly choose to view from their alpaca sofas eating brie and sipping on their Caymus Chardonnay. Only problem is that Candlestick is in a horrid location with nothing around it but barges and industrial waste. You'll find some great Irish pubs and restaurants in the actual City in Union Square area and the Fisherman's Wharf area is great. Have a great time but remember not to drop the soap.

6. Woodley's Woodies

Woodley's Woodies Active Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Mogadiba- Welcome to the Bay Area. I moved out here from Harrisburg, PA when I graduated school about a year and half ago. Incredible area in terms of weather, culture, food, women, and whatever factors or vices you might appreciate.

If the weather is nice, I really suggest you check out Coit Tower (1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco) to get an amazing view of the whole city.

For dinner, head to Leopold's at 2400 Polk Street. They amazing, authentic German cuisine and a ridiculously good beer selection.

For the game itself, I've heard of several organized Steelers tailgates. I'll post some more detailed information as soon as I get it. Be aware that Candlestick Park is a dump, and that it can get very cold there because it's right off the Bay.

I couldn't be more excited to go to this game on Monday. Taking a half day of work (MNF starts at 5:30, which is weird), rolling up to the tailgates, and then waving my terrible towel through the game into work the next day to celebrate the victory and collect all the bets I'm going to win.

7. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    It will be a great time, and as a west coaster I will be there as well. And whoever said candlestick is a dump said a mouthful. Not a good place to be walking around after the game unless you have some drug deals to make.

I went one better and flew to san Diego for the ravens chargers game first. I will be decked out in black and gold there and fly to frisco on Monday. See you there!!!!

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Now that sounds like my idea of a long weekend!! :thumbs_up:

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man you suck bring us back a win

10. mogadiba

Oct 16, 2011
    Awesome, thanks for the tips. I'm especially interested in the tailgating you know of, as my gf and I won't have a car to be tailgating ourselves. But it would be great to join in with some other Steelers fans like we did in Denver a couple years ago. That was a great time.

11. mogadiba

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't say it was "hard" to get tickets. I just got them off craigslist. The hard part is convincing yourself to trust the seller. Craigslist is so full of scammers and cheats that you really have to be careful. I talked to the guy on the phone for like an hour getting all the details first. When I felt that it was legit, I sent him some money and he transferred ownership of the tickets to me online. Not cheap though. $150 each for corner endzone.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    If you're not on a budget, Alioto's is outstanding. (I assume they're still around) and remember, if you drop your wallet, kick it across the bridge to oakland before you pick it up!

:herewego!: :godell: