1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Iloka's suspension changed to a fine - JuJu still suspended.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    There are probably 5-10 hits every week just as violent as JuJu's and they almost never merit suspensions.

Total crap. Iloka's hit was far worse and the textbook kind of hit the league supposedly wants to stop.

Good thing he didn't lay that block on someone from the Pats. He would have been suspended for the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It really makes no sense. The only thing that is possibly worse is that JuJu stood over him briefly. Somehow taunting is worse than potentially ****ing up someone's brain. What makes it even more ridiculous is that had Shazier not messed himself up on a hit that the NFL cannot take out of the game, these hits would not have been seen as nearly as big a deal. People were disturbed after the game because of the Shazier injury and there is nothing that can be done to remove injuries like that completely. Same for the repeated blows that lineman take all game long, and which are potentially worse in their cumulative effect than the occasional vicious ones. The NFL wants the attention on the "dirty" plays that they can seemingly take out of the game so that people don't notice that the truly awful injuries and longterm negative consequences will happen no matter what the NFL does short of actually playing flag football or not playing at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    What's hilarious is that over at the bengals board they all say the Steelers get all the preferential treatment, yet here we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Even that to quote the NFL on when Burfict kicked Nix and they didn’t suspend him they are on separate penalty schedules and don’t impact one another. That’s not the exact quote but pretty much what they were saying. It should have been a 9k fine for the taunt and whatever the scheduled fine is for the block. That’s my biggest issue with this. On three separate occasions with Burfict this year they quoted their penalty schedule and he has already been suspended twice.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Its as simple as a conspiracy sgainst the Steelers. There is no other way to explain it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    These dirty MFers know no bounds. I heard Boswell talking about the offsides by the dirty ****s on the game winning FG. He was saying how they deliberately went offsides way too premature to be a mistake or coincidence and that they purposely tried to injure his leg. I went and found a Gif of the play and that's exactly what the scumbag tried to do and almost succeeded.
    When is the league gonna step in and come down hard on this team full of pathetic human beings before someone gets killed for real? Rhetorical question....because the answer is never. That is the reason why this team takes matters into its own hands. Get a chance check it out.....it's infuriating what every other team gets away with....but not us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Honestly, I can't deny that maybe that was the intent, but if the goal was to smash Boz or his holder, it could've been done so fairly easily. The fact it wasn't, makes me question some of that intent.

8. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016

here's Mikes whole rant. love it. He is 100% right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I couldn't believe AB held onto the ball after that hit from Iloka, I was worried he would suffer a concussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

100% spot on. Most people here arent Mitchel fans, I am. I like his fire and think he's better than he gets credit for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The end of the interview that was cut off.

“There has to be a set guideline on how we do what we do. There is no way I see how post-play infractions that don’t have to do with football and you give them the same suspension as a guy who made a football pay in a football game. It’s absolutely absurd. But like I said it’s Steelers versus the world.”

12. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Agreed, he plays blued collared Pittsburgh style. Gives 110% every play. Can't say that about everyone...

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Whether right, wrong or indifferent, if JuJu didn't taunt he wouldn't have been suspended and probably not even flagged. Just by doing that he made it look worse than it actually was and the bozo announcers blew it way out of proportion. Like Ben said. It's AFC North football and now it will be looked at from a whole different perspective because John Gruden and the guy who should only be announcing volleyball tournaments couldn't handle the history of these two competitive teams during a MNF match up. In all honesty, this game was mild compared to the past couple of meetings.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I had forgotten that Iloka was fined for a hit on Heath Miller in 2015 and he was the one who caused the concussion that ended Ladarius Green's career last year. So he is a repeat offender, he launches himself, helmet-first, at Brown's head and his suspension gets overturned?

Smith-Schuster and the player's union should be taking the league to court over this one. I know it's just one game, but this is that bad of a call. At least get the injunction for a couple of weeks, then drop it for one of the final two games.

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. While they say the taunting wasn’t part of the suspension, they mean the penalty itself. But the act is being used to suggest intent on the hit. As intent clearly plays a part in the appeal process, I don’t see that they can deny the role of the taunt in that.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agreed. Mitchell is a good player that gets trashed around here. Love what he brings to the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The reason for the suspension was because bur$hit was carried off on a plank. Don't be fooled. Gronkenstein only getting a one game suspension for what he did was a complete joke. The JuJu hit was like a choirboy hit compared to Iloka or Gronkenstein. And Iloka was a repeat offender!

The NFL brass are a complete joke. They put this game on Primetime because they knew it would be a blood bath and that people would be talking about this game after the fact. That's why our game against the crows is now on Primetime. Behind closed doors they like the violence, and especially the attention, whether it's positive or negative. And that creep Goodell just got his monster extension. Let that sink in...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Finally he covered something properly this season. His best play of late...

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I'm not certain if you are serious or sarcastic. However a conspiracy only requires TWO people. There is not an UNBIASED knowledgeable person who would equate the gronk hit with the juju block. The penalties given out and the appeals overturned require two separate individuals. Conspiracy is a fact in this matter.

20. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    In Breaking Team News!!!

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    So...AB wasn't hit in the head area?!

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    He misses a lot of tackles and takes bad angles, but I agree with everything he is saying about the current state of the NFL.

I still think the Steelers need to draft a free safety next year and a #1 caliber TE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh trust me...Im serious

24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Common, it's because his head wasn't severed. Now possibly that might warrant a suspension...

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    His intent wasn't to smash him...but his intent was to hurt him. Did you watch the replay? He deliberately made his foot make contact,no question about it.

• Agree Agree x 1