1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'll say it.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Jan 23, 2017.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No I actually would like Bryant to become the #1 and Eli will be a solid #2 as well as having James at TE ...Then when you add Bell out of the backfield we would have plenty of weapons...

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, that would weaken the team so much. AB/Bryant is so much more deadly than Bryant/Rogers.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As I stated I would draft a good young RB ..My approach would be the 1,2 punch in the running game and a lot less passing...

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Actually what you're hazy on is our supposed lack of man coverage in the most recent game. They ran some man coverage and every single time we got burned badly by big plays. If we had stuck with man using the players we had/have it probably would have been even worse.

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    This post made me realize that we seem to play "beat your man", whereas the Patriots* use intent (X's & O's) to free up a receiver. If we could incorporate more of the latter, we wouldn't have to rely on having the #1 receiver in football. (Yeah, it does help, though.)

6. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Times have changed. It happens in the NFL, MLB and the NBA.

These kids play for $$ and their next level contracts - not rings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Disagree on the lot less passing, if you look at the final four teams, Atl, Green Bay, Pats, Steelers, they all could pass. With the passing rules today you need to be at least a good to great passing team if you want to get to the promise land.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree, still whiffing on why Ayers sat over Coates? He was consistently playing good ball as of late while the other was not. Injured, rusty, whatever... Ride your hot hands.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I just hope Ayers wasn't in Tomlin's doghouse or maybe he was one of those that was hit by the flu bug too.

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We'll never know.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I will say it... Brown is no Hines Ward
    Bell.... is not the Steph Curry of football
    ...Ben....is definitely not a consistent, let alone, elite qb.
    Not one of the killer "B's" can put the team on their backs and carry the team to a championship. No consistency

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Think of it another way. When we usually see those post-game pep talks, the camera is with the coach in the middle. Have you seen any film that shows all 60 odd guys listening keenly? It's unlikely an angle would capture that. I would imagine there's always a bunch of guys at the back taking less of it in.

Problem is, you'd expect them to be the 3rd string QB and the like. Team leaders should be at the centre.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence! The thing about that was, Eli Rogers and Demarcus Ayers were right there hamming it up for the live Facebook audience too, not listening to a word Tomlin was saying. AB as the veteran of the group should be a better example of a TEAM player. I stop way short of saying we should trade him, but he needs to grow up now or college lacrosse players will continue to outperform him when it counts the most!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Delusional.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Heck just ride the guy with 2 hands.

• Like Like x 1