1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'll say it first...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by spleeny09, Dec 7, 2020.

1. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    WTF happened with clock management at the end of the 1st half? Its a 6 pt swing and could have been more. Skins 3rd and long with 2:35 left and rather than call timeout and have plenty of time to score...we let clock wind to 2 min warning....skins punt after 2 min warning. After 2 min warning, we play with no intensity or desire to score...give the ball back to skins and they get a FG out of it. It's unreal.

While I don't hate Tomlin...its clock management situations like this that make me break things around my house. We have one of the best offenses in the league but either act like we don't need 3 pts or aren't capable of getting 3 pts with 2.5 min left. I just dont get it.

2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers offense has been do-do the last few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I hate Tomlin, and he's been doing that **** for years.. That's HIS job!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Not to mention 1st and goal from 6 inch line and no QB sneak in the playbook. We beat ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well, glad they got that out of the way.

If this team can't run for 1 freaking yard, then this won't be the last embarrassment this season.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Technically clock management was spot on. It's a non issue if the refs keep their composure and either call delay of game or allow the clock to run out as they orig did. That field goal at the end of the first half could be called a game changer.

...and we don't have one of the best offenses in the league. A good offense can beat you either by run or pass and is not one dimensional.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SocalSteeler

SocalSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Is Worthlessburger hurt, or is the offense only capable of running 3 yard slants and hooks? This offense is pathetic. Another 1st round exit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Clock management sucked in the first half and maybe someone else did it in the second half because it was perfect. Steelers got the ball in Ben's hands with 2:04 left down by three.

The inability to gain less than 1 freaken yard maybe one freaken foot is pathetic against any defense.

9. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    Steelers only scored 3 points in the 2nd half, the game changer was the offense sucking (again). If last week was JV, this was pee wee Pop Warner. Ben can't throw the ball down the field anymore. Pathetic....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea they deserved to lose they got stuffed on the 1 yard line 6 times, poor clock management before the half and just a pathetic overall effort in the 2nd half. Coach Randy sucks as a play caller and he needs to go.

11. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I don't know about first round exit, but you certainly have to believe any opponent they potentially have to play in the AFC will be considerably better than a WFT with Alex Smith as the QB with essentially no running game of their own altho they were able to convert a couple of short and 1s which is more than I can say for the Steelers.. I think Roethlisberger is fine...he may have lost track of the fact his balls were constantly being tipped on that right side, but his WRs had a case of the dropsies again today too. They are going to have to definitely start being more creative on offense. You have to assume 12 games in the offense is what it is at this point.

12. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    No, the 4 leaf clover that Mike T had stuffed up his a** finally got soiled. The worst, but luckiest, 11-0 team ever. 1st round exit, you heard it here 1st. Offensively challenged to say the least and their luck ran out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You would have hoped the defense would have done something there.

14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That FG gifted to Washington by the refs WAS a game changer. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Alex Smith took the game ball to the sideline with him. It’s the responsibility of the team with the ball to get the kicking ball into the game. If the Washington managers fail to do that, the refs should spot the game ball. Except they couldn’t because Smith took it.

So Washington screws up twice and the refs award them an untimed down for a free 3 points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

I shutter to think what lies beyond not running one yard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Meanwhile, the mediocre 49ers are up on the Bills. For now.

17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh, jeezuz H, man. Someone keep an eye on this guy and make sure there are no sharp objects or belts around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    It's 3 pass plays of 3 yds and a punt. If a ball gets tipped of dropped there is no way to recover because all of our plays are designed to get 3⅓ yards and a cloud of dust. It's been happening all year. Just kept getting lucky on the last play with Micah making a play at the goal line to save our bacon. It's a copycat league, why can't our coaches look at KC's route combinations and try something different. Or keep running 5 wide and have all 5 all 5 guys hook up 3⅓ yards down field. Pray there are no tips, penalties, or drops, cuz the offense doesn't have a play to pick up 3rd and 5+

19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You're definitely right about copycat league and opponents for sure have a blueprint now as how to beat the Steelers and I don't know what the Steelers can do about it because the only thing that's going to change it is a running game that defenses have not accounted for.

20. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    You must think they were a legit 11-0. Care to wager on a 1st round exit? That's right they've been dominant in ur eyes, make sure u wear ur glasses during games.

21. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    Open it up a little, throw the ball down the field and maybe there will be a chance to run without 9 dudes in the box.

22. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Bruh, calm down. You are on full tilt. Your assumptions about how I see this team is just talking out your ass.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    If the defenses are only rushing four there won't be opportunities for them to throw deep I don't think. You just run a tampa two...or similar

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  24. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    Concur, it's always hang on and try and win. No killer instinct, thankfully Micah broke up 3 losses at the goal line this year. Every game comes down to getting lucky at the end, Thanks Mike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    I wasn't bashing u, didn't need the comment about the sharp objects bruh. Tired of apologies and JV comments from a terrible coach. So, what he hasn't had a losing season, Bellidik is reloading, it is Mike's only shot at winning before we get stuck with Rudolph the racist reindeer at QB, and we're wasting it with an absolutely horrible play calling all year. We've been lucky all year, hopefully u see that at a minimum. Sure hope the pats don't make it and knock us out AGAIN. U know they would....