1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.

ILB

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    add this to the needs list.

QB
    S
    ILB

we need the depth for sure. i am happy shazier will be alright as far as is being reported at this time, but i have to question if this kid will be as effective in his game as before.

it would be in the back of my mind for sure. as a matter of fact i had a similar incident in HS and knew something was different when i hit the guy head first into his hip. i didn't lose feeling in my legs but found out years later i had broke off two vertebrae's in my neck. i knew exactly when that happened. i never reported it to my coaches or trainers at that time and continued playing through HS and into college. probably pretty lucky.:cool:

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    definitely a possibility. not sure they are ready to give up on dupree yet. :cool:

4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I was thinking about our misses drafting olb recently. In the past we used to drafted the "tweeters" and develop them into 3-4 olb. More recently we've been drafting 3-4 olb and they've largely struggled to produce. It makes me wonder if we would be better served to go back to the old way.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    QB, FS, ILB, OLB., CB, RB,

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    dupree played DE-ILB and OLB at kentucky. chickillo played DE at miami. both were tweener types. keion adams was a DE at w. michigan. i still think they have plans for him but we had too many in front of him this year in chickillo, moats and harrison. the latter two will most likely not be here next year. huguenin also played very well in the preseason for us but again no room at the inn this year. he's a bigger body guy too. 6-4 268. he fits that mold of a tweener too.

we just need to develop these guys into the system. they have the size and speed but we need to move out the older players and actually use what we have. i think they will. we kept them around for a reason. moats should have been gone for what he brings to the table. MT likes his vets though. adams or huguenin have at least as much upside as him and probably more. chickillo has played pretty well too. i really hate to just keep adding bodies when we have spent time on guys that have some real possibility.:cool:

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think QB - TE - FS & now ILB are some top needs.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    with the new news of shazier and ben reiterating about retirement after ryans injury, i don't think there is any question of QB, S, ILB, TE as needs. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

While I wouldn't be surprised if Ben retired after the season I wouldn't read anything into his comments either. He's 30 something with a lot of wear and tear. One season at a time.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014