1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike should be booed out of Pittsburgh.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by polyjb, Jan 8, 2012.

1. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The reaction against him should be relentless forever.

2. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Absolutely TERRIBLE...I blame almost the entire loss on him. He got BURNT for 4 catches for over 200 yards, THAT'S 50 YARDS PER CATCH AVERAGE!!! and he had a 35 yard pass interference penalty...WHERE WAS OUR "SHUTDOWN" CORNER WHEN WE NEEDED HIM...ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL!!!!! I've seen Rookies play better then he did!

3. Forged Steel

Forged Steel Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ike had a terrible game. Not sure if terrible is adequate to describe his performance...it was really bad. But he is our best corner and worth the money that we paid him. Without Ike we wouldn't be complaining about a playoff loss, we would have been looking at draft picks starting last week. Who are you going to replace him with? Everyone has had a bad game from time to time, unfortunatly for us and Ike, his happened tonight in Denver. Someone else should have stepped up and made a play for this team.

4. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You should be booed off the board for such a stupid post. Yes Taylor sucked today but he was also a big reason the Steelers made it to the playoffs to begin with. Sh** happens. Get over it.

5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Amen! Everyone wanted to run Starks out of town a few weeks ago against the 49ers. Who had it worst than Gay last year? But saved two games for us this year. What does that tell you about our defense? When Gay saves the day we need some playmakers.. :-D

6. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ike was awful, I have never been a fan but honestly we have been saying for years we need better corners.

*Edit we should of signed Champ Bailey

7. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ike's fault?
    Really?

This falls much more on 'bad word', if you watched the entire game.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Lebuau put both corners under single coverage pressure because he knew his front 7 couldn't stop the run game by themselves. No corner is going to succeed with no help. He had blitzed both safeties because the front 7 of the defense could not get the job done.

Part of it is the old guys losing a step, but the other part is the young guys not stepping up.

9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone remember the Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington years? I think these corners are better.. :-D

10. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I agree that no corner is going to succeed with no help but he's our "shutdown" corner and he has done it many times before...He played TERRIBLE today 35 yard interference penalty and at least 4 throws for 200 yards. That's a 50 yard per catch average! Just so disappointed in him today. Our entire defense played bad today but Taylor in particular.

Blitz

11. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean the guy who dropped an easy INT in the end zone ? Another aged has been is not what our defense would have needed. Taylor played outstanding ball all year long and we're probably not even in the playoffs without him this year. Yes he had a terrible game but make no mistake he's a keeper. When the "pissed off" feeling finally subsides hopefully you'll recognize that ;)

12. AzStillerFan79

AzStillerFan79 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly, he's supposed to be our #1 SHUTDOWN corner. He couldn't cover Stevie Wonder in a phonebooth tonight.

13. moonface

moonface Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Funny how quick some people can be to bag others. Those first 2 deep passes were good throws and good catches, just face it it happens. Gays coverage in the endzone was exceptional yet it was still caught. I didn't think that was pass interference on Ike either.
    Sometimes it's just not your day, today was one of them.

14. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Ike has this kind of games once or twice per season.
    Unfortunatelly, last season it was the SB and this one was our only playoff game.

15. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

I agree, today was not their day. They picked what they were going to take away from Tebow..... they did. They dared him to beat them throwing the ball. He hit a few and got the most out of them. Shake their hands and regroup......except it takes a whole off season to do it.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was painful to watch him play yesterday, I thought we would be able
    to play man to man. We could not! The cb skill set is not there, He should
    be considered for a future move to Safety. Another thing is, we could not generate a pass rush, this is the utmost problem we have, we may have to reconsider our defensive philosphy going forward
    especially in this pass happy age of football. We need some lineman that can generate
    pressure. It seems OC have figured out LB's pressure?. Lets hope Chuck Brown, Cortez Allen,
    Keenan Lewis have improved enough to take over.

17. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Couldn't agree with you more. It's been a problem for a while now but much more noticeable this year. The injury bug contributed but there's more to it than that I'm afraid.

18. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Remember our Best Db would be 3rd on some other teams roster. Non of our Db would start for any other team but ours.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Mundy said he was put in underneath coverage on the OT play. Said he had under and Ike had over the top. I don't get this as he definitely took steps in like he was playing run and ended up being out of position on the slant.

20. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    That's because we could afford to do that as a result of having good success in sacking the QB. We didn't have that success this year and we especially didn't have it last night. Think back to the very 1st game of the season against the rats. At the end of that game Flacco's uniform didn't even have a grass stain on it.

21. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I dont understand the defensive scheme last night at all. Their best RB is McGahee, we know what he is and how to stop him. It doesnt take 10 in the box to shut him down, Their other threat is Tebow doing that college option where he either hands it off or keeps it. Thats easy to defense too, place Harrison on Tebow and Tebow only. Harrison's only assignment should have been to get Tebow. Tebow is left handed so he likes to go to Harrisons side when its a passing play. Their only threat in the their receivers was Thomas. He is a stud WR, big , tall and fast. Exactly the type of WR thatr Ike has trouble with. We should have double covered Thomas all day, not isolated Ike on him. Make Tebow beat us throwing the ball with our regualar defense and he would not have been successful. I think the Pittsburgh coaching out thunk themselves in how to stop this mediocre team. I wont even touch on the Offensive game plan of throw, throw, throw, run. BA is an idiot and has no idea what to do besides pick passing plays off his list. Every time I see him on the sideline I want to vomit!!

22. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Unbelievable how our fans react to a loss. Hell, we may as well fire the entire team and move to another city.

amiright?

:roll:

23. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is a rediculous statement. Ike would most certainly start on nearly every team in the league and would be the #1 guy on quite a few.

Did you watch the Detroit seconday at all this year, what about the Pats, even the Pack -- got torched all year.

Tebow threw perfect passes, not like to happen again. There were defensive breakdowns, especially that last play. And the PI was very iffy, especially since they fail to call PI on Brown earlier in the game when he was mugged 15 yards down field.

24. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Major changes yeah but not that drastic :lolol:

25. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

One of the announcers last night said, "There's a lot of teams looking for head coaches, and you never hear Arians name in the discussion." Everyone else knows what the fans know...he stinks it up. Redman had 17 carries for 121 yards. RUN THE FREAKIN' BALL, BRUCE.