1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike on Troy and Ryan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I listened to this a few times and I have to say Ike is for me at least the most difficult person on the Steeler team to understand (speech) not play. For me Ikes play is better then average .

During the show which I listen to regularly Ike talks about religion and Ryan Clark and Troy P.. I noted what I thought seemed like disrespect but I rely on others here to set me straight.

* He is right about interceptions ( who cares) The dude has rocks for hands :)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 65451.html

Bman

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I listened to it a few times. Ike seems to be trying to point out the duality of personalities with Polamalu and Clark in his own unique way. He could have chosen better words. This pic pretty much sums it up though. http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x42 ... andIke.jpg

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought it was great. No disrespect intended at all. He is just letting you know what it is like playing with those guys. He knows that both of them are great players. At the end of the show and said that Troy made a tackle and tried to ring the guys neck off and then made a cross sign. He then said you can catch troy on that field if you want to. He is saying that Troy will always bring it and give you all you want. It was comedy, fun intended. Nothing more.

The secondary is playing well. If they whip the RATBIRDS on Sunday night, you will know that or secondary is all that for real. I see Ike shutting down Bolden, and the rest of or secondary shutting down everydody else. We will see Sunday night.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    How does someone so bad at communicating get a radio show?

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Totally?!?!!!

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    edogg, i was noticing your picture. mel's son plays at a local HS and wears dad's #. the kid is big and fast like his dad. maybe some day. not to many like that old bunch of DB's we had here. he was a man amongst boys with that size. his kid sure looks alot like him so far. :clap: :beg: :mod:

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks Edog. Ike always sounds to me like he is talking with marbles in his mouth lol

There is no way Arizona should have lost that game. Flacco went to Bolden a dozen times .. One play looks like the other 11.. It was repeatedly the same route and the cards never had an answer for him. Take Bolden out of the game ( Ike will take care of that ) and you have a winning formula

Bman

8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    To me it's not just that he's a mush mouth it's equally as much that he's either nervous, tentative or just plain inarticulate that is what makes him so hard to understand. You have to guess what he's saying and try connecting the dots.

But he can stay in any WR's hip pocket!!! :superman:

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought what he had to say about our young WRs was interesting. I truly believe that's why our DBs are so much better this year. The fact that they go against these burners every day in practice makes going against an opposing team's WRs a cakewalk. Of course I think Carnell Lake has something to do with it as well.

10. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Swaggin must not have english classes :write:

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I was thinking that you guys were exaggerating. Then I opened the link, I didn't understand a word! Sounds like when your drunk trying to whisper something about the other sex and make it seem like you're really cool.

12. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Mac "d", thats awesome. If his son is anything like Mel then he could make it to the league. His father was all that. They changed the rules because of him and he is a HOFer. The Steeler d-backs were all that back then, J. T. Smith was the other corner, and Donnie Shell was the Strong Safety and Mike Wagner was the Free Safety. Joe Greene, Ernie Holmes, D. White, and L. C. he whole defense should be in the HOF. Of course Ham and Lambert are in. I think the other LB was Robin Cole.

Mad respect for # 47!!!!!