1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike in top 3

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  2. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I'm glad to see him get some notice. He's gone up against some great receivers this year, and he played pretty well. Better than I thought he would coming into the season. Props to Ike!

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow,they are scraping the bottom of the barrel :o now.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ike has had a great season, he has even got a few picks which is nice, he has also come up and made some very nice tackles on runs this year. Should be a pro bowl year, but that is hard for CB in the AFC with Revis company and etc.

6. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    he also had some bad decisions. On the Colts game, He got burned by either Garcon or wayne and if it wasnt for a ****ty QB who threw wayyyy past the WR, they would have had a TD and we coulda lost.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there also isn't a cb alive that hasen't had a bad play or two during a full season. limiting those especially aginst another teams top receivers is what makes them good. with the rules limiting cb's ike still has adjusted well and played well as he has always done for us. good on ya ike. :cool:

8. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    oh i like Ike. i think sometimes he makes bad judgements.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think alot of that is a direct cause of the defense we play and what is expected of our corners. ike is a big help in run defense. he comes up more then any cb in the league and helps in run support. yes he does from time to time get sucked in a little. even though he still has the speed to make it up, his age is starting to make him lose that step in his makeup speed. just not quite as fast as he once was, but still faster then most. he was a burner when he first got here. low 4.3 guy. he's probebly closer to a low to mid 4.4 guy now days. though he doesn't look that fast , he is. :cool:

10. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Realistically, who all is better? I'll concede that Revis and Asomugha are better and it's not even close, but after that, no one particularly impresses me.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not so sure asomugha would be better in this zone defense. it's been proven ,he's a man cover corner and is having trouble in a zone style defense. :cool:

12. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Here he'd be coached by a Hall-of-Fame cornerback and a cornerback who should go to the Hall of Fame. Also, if we had Asomugha, I think we'd play more man coverage. Playing zone with him would be like having 2007's Randy Moss yet running a dink-and-dunk offense.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Good job Ike. Here's to a SB MVP trophy coming up! :drinks:

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What's great about that is the number of charted passes on him and still where he's showing up.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    What I really like about Ike is when his first contract came up he said, I WILL be in Pittsburgh next year. And he was. Then his last one comes up and we're all sweating the Steelers can't afford him. He signs a contract before we can get into a deep sweat. Ike's a Steeler through and through.

16. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And yet, as good as I think Ike has played this year he was not even an alternate for the Pro Bowl? I think this has been his best year! (He even has caught two interceptions.) He has really shut down some very good receivers this year. Once again, the Pro Bowl is all a popularity contest.

17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    nice to see ike getting his due............. kinda dissapointed seeing keenan lewis in the bottom 12 though.............

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    thats also changing a whole defensive scheme to cover one guy. :cool: