1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike apologizes.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Jan 10, 2012.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

2. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011

And to answer your question, Tomlin is not going to throw Lebeau under the bus. If you read some articles in Post-Gazette, he said he would play the same scheme if he had a do-over. Asinine. Maybe the scheme work at first but after Taylor was getting torched, a red light should of went off and said, "Taylor needs help and we can't play this defense".

3. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    Like I mentioned before, i watched taylor technique. Horrible.

Either Taylor thought he was getting inside help and so, took an outside position or

Taylor just got beat off the line. But after reviewing the tape, Taylor must of seen Mundy come down to the line and should of took and inside position using the side line for help.

Also, since they were playing that defense all night, my guess is that it was called from Lebeau.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Spider man, you are correct it was Javon Walker that made Cowher
    BENCH HIM, Cowher saw what I saw back then, a very AVG cb.

What nobody is really saying and should be asking is why Dick Lebeau
    after seeing that Ike could not cover his man Or probably Gay either
    AND WITH NO PASS RUSH BEING GENERATED WHY< WHY did he stay in
    man to man? WHY DICK? His time has passed, to friendly with the players.

5. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    I disagree. Lebeau got schooled when he allowed Taylor to get torched for over 200 yds on three or four plays. Even before the OT debacle, Taylor was obvious overwhelmed and not a match for Thomas. I've never seen Taylor look so lost out there. I recorded the game and watched exclusively Taylor technique and he was tripping over himself trying to stay with Thomas. Playing Corner is a very sensitive position, you need extremely high confidence. But after you get torched 3 times for 200 yds its time for a change. It's like a QB throwing 3 pick six's in a row. Taylor was clearly overmatched and his coach did nothing to rectify the situation.

I just copy this from one of my recent post.

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The pressure was standing on the sidelines. How many d-line starters were in the game after Keisel and Hampton went out?

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Problem with that is they were constantly switching the routes. That's why he was tripping all over himself. They couldn't trust the reads they had game planned for (see Polamalu's earlier bite). With no pressure there was all day to run a route, see the coverage and make a DB commit, then change the route.

Had Taylor taken the inside the reciever would have broken that back outside and been wide open after Taylor would have tripped or slipped down. No pressure would have been the same thing.