1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike apologizes.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Jan 10, 2012.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I couldn't imagine ending the season on such a sour performance and having to live with it for the next 9 months, if not longer. I appreciate him taking accountability.

3. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    He's right about his performance: it was ugly!
    Still, this gesture is classy.

4. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Ike did have a bad game but where was the pressure on Tebow? He had way to much time to throw the football.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Shoulda, coulda, woulda Ike you stunk, Period. Owned by a rookie,
    or second year player. I hope Chuckie Brown/Keenean Lewis can take your job next year.
    Shouldn't suprise me Cowher benched you awhile back because you got owned by another Denver Receiver. Cowher saw what I saw an Avg CB.

6. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

What a tool!!! Yea ike stunk it up, but everyone seems to be forgetting he a big part of why we got where we were this year. Ike is a starting CB and will be back stronger than ever next year! Everyone seems to forget that ike wasnt the only one stinking it up sunday, it was the whole team from coaches down!!!

7. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    They should cut Ile and Gay and start fresh

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Thanks for manning up IKE...but your not the only one who had a bad game

9. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :? :? :o :? :?

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah - because that usually works. Even Gay had a good season this year. Not my favorite player, but to blow it up is not where this team is right now.

11. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty much the same place it's been all year. Non existent :(

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:good:

13. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I've been bashing Ike on here and other places as well. I was just so disappointed and frustrated. I've had time to cool down now and I really appreciate Ike for maning up and apologizing for his bad game. I also appreciate the fact that we probably had the #1 pass defense because of him and we were in the playoffs because of his great playing this year. The NFL playoffs are not like other sports where if you have a bad game you can get them in the next game. It's one and done and that is what makes the NFL playoffs so great and exciting to watch.

So with that said, I'd like to aplogize to Ike as well for bashing him. May he use this as motivation for next year. Go Steelers!

Blitz

14. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ike was put on an island all day, he was 1 on 1 with a very athletic receiver with NO help over the top. plus all the balls thrown to him were extremely accurate, tebow made great throws all day, if one of them were off it is a different game. I think the loss of clark was felt more by Ike than anyone else.

15. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Your not saying he didn't have a bad day are you? He has had NO help at times all year long against MUCH better QB's and made outstanding plays. He played a bad game and we pretty much lost because of it.

Blitz

16. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Maybe now he will stop with that waiving his hand in front of his face crap when he does make a play.

17. Steverycher

Steverycher Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The lack of ANY effing pass rush is the issue. Ike didn't have a great day, but you're expecting him to cover over the top, sometimes with NO HELP when the QB has 5, 6, 7, 8 effing seconds to throw the ball. Utterly ridiculous to put this all on Ike Taylor. We generated ZERO pass pressure. NONE all afternoon. Our young D- lineman were totally ineffective and they were able to double an outside linebacker almost every time. No corner can be expected to cover man to man with minimal safety help for an indefinite period of time.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ike should apologize for hanging Mundy out to dry and have to field all the post-game questions.....

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with this thought... I think once, ONCE Woodley almost grabbed Tebow and that was the big pressure of the game. And, to my amazement, no one is mentioning the fact that Clark was out. He plays a bigger role than he is given credit for and it showed during this game. I, firmly, believe that was a big reason our secondary struggled. Without Clark it changes what Troy can do and, apparently, what Ike and Gay can do (although I think Gay played a good game).

20. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He did have a couple bad games this year. Cant remember the game where he got called PI many times but its not entirely all his fault.

21. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    At times (and not as much as we all would like) there was a pass rush and he would just move away from it and complete the pass. After Harrison got the roughing the passer penalty he looked like he was frozen out there not knowing what to do at times or where the ball was. And when you say indefinite, the pass in OT was out of Tebow's hands in 2 seconds not 5 to 8. How about some bumping at the line to throw the guy off a little bit? The receiver burnt him on that play. I'm not putting this all on Ike but he has several times this year been able to cover with NO HELP against much better receivers and QB's. I have to look but how many pass defenses did he have? I think it's ZERO...it seemed, I have to go back and look, that every single ball thrown to his receiver was caught. That is totally unlike him and he just picked the worst time to have a bad game.

Blitz

22. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    He also had a particular rotten game against Denver & Javon Walker in 2006, come to think of it. But, his interception in SB XL- one of the key plays of that game- still overcomes anything he did Sunday, at least for me.

23. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Lebeau should be next to man up and apologize and take the pressure off of Taylor. Taylor had a bad game, but where was the adjustments to correct this.

I coached high school ball and i had a corner have a HORRIBLE game. I took him out for a few plays. Let him see what they are doing. Let him get his thoughts and technique together. Then I changed my tactics. I gave him help. Taylor could not cover Thomas one on one, that was obvious after the first two bombs. Give him some help. Thomas was there only legit receiver. Double team him, play someone over the top, go to zone anything other then what you were doing.

They were not killing us that bad that required 9 MEN IN THE BOX. Especially with our corners. It's only two corners I would use 9 in the box as a technique. Revis and Deion Sanders.

24. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Something was working..the Broncos only had I believe 10 total yards the ENTIRE first quarter. So I'm assuming that was the reason for no adjustment. The second quarter killed the Steelers and so they went into half time where they must have made adjustments because the entire 2nd half Denver only had 3 points and 140 yards. That gave us the ability to catch up and tie it. Where LeBeau got schooled was in the OT play. Denver ran 23 out of the previous 24 times on first down and he had to be confident they would run again and called an inverted zone. Denver's O coordinator had to be drooling after they won the coin toss knowing that the Steelers would almost certainly play the run and he called for Tim Tebows best pass play and they executed it to perfection.

The question that I'm sure we all would love to know and that Tomlin refuses to answer...Was Mundy out of position on that play or did LeBeau tell both safties to crowd the line?

Blitz

25. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We can only hope... :beg: