1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If You Weren't Nervous Enough About The Thumb...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 1, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  3. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He will play and will be fine, It's Ben.

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As much as I want to call him a drama queen at times on the field, after getting his nose broke (no flag, WTF NFL?) without missing a play, I have tons of respect for his toughness.

5. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The whole drama queen thing was always a little over the line in my opinion given the fact that everyone can see him get blasted at least 7 times per game due to bad line and/or him holding onto ball. Other QB's go out way beofre that. So I never really got it. But yah, if anyone questioned his toughness before his nose was turned sideways in that game in the 1st freakin qtr and he STILL played the whole time against one of the best D's in the NFL then they are just looking to ***** about him.

6. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben has got to be the toughest SOB in the NFL!!

7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!:

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I wonder what the chances of this happening was. Might be my ignorance, but couldn't you just (for one week only) practice with the ball in Ben's hands at the start under centre, and have Pouncey fake a snap, then run the play as normal? I'm sure Pouncey is familiar enough with the art of passing the ball between his legs by now...

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, but I think part of it is from times that he appeared to be severely injured, was carried off the field on a stretcher, and then gave a happy looking thumbs up on the way out. I was watching a game with a friend when that happened, and they commented that it looked like a little bit of acting.

10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Acting or not... the guy is a throw back to another era. He is fun to watch and you never know what to expect. Questioning his toughness or desire to play is just being a "hater".

11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh, right, I completely agree. I'm just commenting on why some non-Steeler fans may think that way.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    yeah im one of his worst critics but I wouldn't trade him for the world.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can you see him taking questions after practice?

Reporter: Ben does this mean that you guys will concentrate more on the run game and less on passing to save your thumb from being stressed?
    Ben: Whoa lets not get crazy here, i didn't hit it that hard.

Reporter 2: Can you comment on whether the thumb injury would affect your throwing the deep ball to Wallace?
    Ben: Where is all this talk coming from I can throw the ball deep to Wallace 10 times a game same as normal.

Reporter 3: Do you really need another SB ring for your thumb or was that just clever marketing?
    Ben: For the last time we are never running the ball again.
    :lol: