1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If you want to think about an NFL team from a different perspective?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Living in the Cleveland area, I have a lot of friendly discussion with close friends who are Browns fans and I've come to realize that they simply can't grasp what it takes to make a "competitive football team". So I came up with this rating system and asked a couple of them to compare the Browns to a "good" franchise and apply this system.......even though they couldn't help but rank the Browns based on hope, they soon saw why the Browns are always the Browns. But they still flap their gums.

A solid organization is made up of far more than simple on-field talent. I consider each of the below important to the long term success of a franchise. Pick a team you know enough about to rate and see if this doesn't hold true. Rank each of these six categories 0-10 (without emotion), and if a team doesn't score at least 40 or better, they are simply not a competitive organization. I'll rank the Steelers and Browns for a comparison.

1. Ownership Steelers 8 Browns 0
    2. General Management Steelers 8 Browns 3
    3. Coaching Steelers 7 Browns 2
    4. Leadership Steelers 9 Browns 2
    5. Culture Steelers 9 Browns 2
    6. On field talent Steelers 8 Browns 6
    TOTAL Steelers 49 Browns 15

Because of the overall lack of organizational strength, even if a team like the browns has a good year, they will always go back to their roots.

2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I Love that the Steelers continually beat the Browns, but I do not dislike their fans. Many similarities between the two cities. I won't pretend to know the exact nuts and bolts details about why Modell moved the original franchise from Cleveland to Baltimore however, rarely when such an event occurs is the blame assigned one sided. Browns fans deserved better. Since that time, the organization has been in constant flux, never seeming to gain traction, continually slipping backwards. For the last couple of seasons, there has been hope for the team and it's fans. From that aspect, I get some of the anticipation by the fans and by extension the local and national media. Where the rub comes in is that the bottom line is the NFL is a results driven business. And that is where fan's of franchises like the Steelers get annoyed. We know how difficult it is to win championships. Lombardi Trophies are the only measure of success that drives our rooting interest. Don't tell us how good you think you are going to be, prove it on the field. Some delirious and delusional Browns fans haven't learned that yet.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How bout them Cowboys...:roflmao:

4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Typo?
    Tomlin rubbing off on the organization?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You have to deal with 2 games every year in your area. I only have to put up with it every 4 years. Living in Eagle land my last great win was the year the Eagles went to the SB but lost. Steeler dominated them from the kick-off to final gun. My sister's got a half Eagle and half Steeler cake and we had a party with all our Eagle friends invited. Needless to say it was a great great day. One of the most dominating Steeler performance in the 2000's. I'm hoping like hell we can do it again this year. Hope we kick Browns ass twice!!

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Falcons lol smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The look on Ryan's face, priceless.

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Don't want to start a thread for this so I'll say it hear: Damn Ravens! Beating Houston and we are going to do it next Sunday.

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Didn't age well, did it? :lolol:

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Atlanta sports in a nutshell. Braves, Falcons, University of Georgia Football, it does not seem to matter. Masters of the choke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I just call them the 28 to 3's

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    In spite of Tomlin:cool: