1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If you had to have one QB for all time?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Iowasteeljim, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hardware factors in when you are discussing the GOAT. I could care less about Bradys rings when it pertains to the OP's question. And if not for BB, Brady wouldn't have half those rings.

If you think he is more talented than the other people being mentioned, good for you. I don't. Marino is far and away the better QB.

2. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I always liked Warren Moon
    both him and Joe Theisman might be in this conversation if they had started their careers in the NFL and Joe never met LT

3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

warren moon incredible qback but choked in big games...........

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If I needed a QB to win a big game, Bradshaw would be at the top of my list, he could overcome his turnovers and still ball out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    As much as it pains me, how can you pick anyone other than Brady. Imagine what he could have done in Bradshaw's spot with Swann and Stallworth or Montana's position with Rice and Taylor. Other than Gronk, Brady hasn't had a huge star WR.

People can say that without Bill, Brady wouldn't have the rings he has, but that can easily be said about Montana and Walsh. Look at how little Rodgers has been able to do with the crappy coaching he's had. But I don't think it can be overlooked that Brady has done what he's done in this era of football with the salary cap and players leaving all the time.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Bradshaw

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I’m putting Dan the man Marino at the top of my list. Next would be Terry, followed by Montana/aikman/young

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Brady wouldn't be nearly as good in Bradshaws era. The game is so much easier for QB's today.

And Walsh was a great coach but I'm sorry, I have never scene a coach out scheme everyone the way Belichick does.

IMO, hands down the best coach ever and pains me to say it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Randy Moss, Amendola, Welker, Edelman...…..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Dont forget about Troy Brown and Deion Branch. Brady also had Brandin Cooks who pats gave up a 1st round pick to get him from NO. All he did was go for over 1K yards and help get patsies to the superbowl in his one season there. Plus Josh Gordon and Ochocinco who didnt pan out. But for someone to say Brady has not had top tier WRs to throw to is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    For a career: Brady. For one game with everything on the line: Montana

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Good thread. There are two reasons I would shy away from Manning. I once heard one of his former linemen talk about the toll it took on his linemen to have to stay in that squatted position for so long while Manning re-wrote the offensive gameplan on the fly. That and he simply wasn't a big-game guy.

I remember how I feared when the Steelers played Roger Staubach back in the day, that guy ran a better two-minute offense than anyone. But I think if you could capture a guy who would remain immortally at his peak it would be Montana or Bradshaw in that order.

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's always been the argument though. It's always, Brady and 52 guys named, "Johnny-never-heard-of-you"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Those numbers are pretty telling! I would have thought Montana would have been better than Bradshaw in the playoffs?

15. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    I always thought terry needed full arsenal to be competent... Brady could lose his tightend , number one receiver, and running back and still kill it.... I guess the 76 championship game against raiders going for three peat still sticks in my craw......... We lose franco and terry stunk horribly in that game........

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For what it’s worth, we lost Franco, Bleier, Deloplaine, and Fuqua.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Ben was playing with half his arsenal in denver, no bell no brown and went up and down the field against best defense in football. And if it wasnt for that jackass fumbling the ball........ I know raiders were really good but he didnt even show up in that game............

• Like Like x 1
  18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Waiter - cancel that goat cheese salad! :puking2:

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Good one B&G. Walter was certainly entertaining if not impetuous. Probably about 25 years ago just after the "99 cent Only Stores" started sprouting up all over the place I was perusing the shelves for oddball finds and I stumbled upon a bunch of ex-NFL player plastic figurines with a Collector Football Card enclosed and they had a stack of Bubby Bristers, except they misspelled his name and it said "Buddy Brister". I grabbed several at 99 cents each for my Dad and Brothers for laughs but unfortunately we have no idea where any of them are today. :cry:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They're at the dollar store in Denver...….

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Right next to the stack of Bubby Ebsen collectable figurines. :lolol:

upload_2019-3-8_10-16-41.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This would actually make for a good off-season thread - Which Steeler player with a SB ring is least worthy of having one and should be named "Mr. Irrelevant"? Brister just might claim that award in Denver although as I recall he did have to come in and hold the fort for a while when Elway was injured during one of their playoff/SB runs.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Terry Bradshaw
    Steve Young
    Brett Favre
    Big Ben
    Peyton Manning

In that order.

If I could only pick one it would be Bradshaw. No one shined better in big games than he did and he was tough as nails.