1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

if you could have a beer

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelMojo, Nov 29, 2011.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It definitely wouldn't be with BR. Might wind up with some mysterious genital tear after being stuck in the bathroom.

2. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If I could have a beer Id be over 21 :)

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    One of the following:

Chad Brown
    Kevin Greene
    Jon Whitman

I could probably relate to those guys the most and have some good topics to BS about, and not necessarily about football.

4. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Whitman is kinda of an odd not a everyday choice care to say why him just curious?

5. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Was always a favorite of mine and seems like a guy I could chat with on a number of topics from brew to music. Never really made it in the league so likely doesn't have a huge ego. One non-Steeler player I'd love to share some cold ones with would be Kyle Turley. A little crazy, non-conforming metalhead that I would imagine the three Steelers to be like.

6. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i love Turley man still remember when he threw that helment lol always liked Brown too wonder if he still raises snakes? all great choices because im also a non-conforming metalhead!

7. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah he really whipped that sucker down the field! All the talking heads were so shocked and offended by it; I thought it was one of the raddest damn things ever! As for the snakes, I'd be willing to bet that Chad still raises them, probably like a retirement hobby for him.

8. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    A beer? - Definitely LaMarr Woodley for me.

Dinner? - I could name almost anyone from the teams of the 70's - but either Lambert or Greene would be my first choices.

A cup of coffee and some conversation? - the Chief! Art Rooney Sr. - no question.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    On the second interception, O'Donnel was thinking the reciever would run the correct route, which the reciever did not.

Ernie shot at a police helicopter. I know this is a fantasy beer, but Ernie is kinda dead. Actually, with Ernie, that may be safer.

10. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Chris Fuamatu-ma'afala. I bet that boy could guzzle some beers!

11. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Keisel would be fun to have some beers with -- down to earth guy.

12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Jack Lambert, Greg Lloyd, Jerome Bettis would be my top 3.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even know he's not a Steeler, don't forget your twin Jim McMahon :drinks:

14. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Even know he's not a Steeler, don't forget your twin Jim McMahon :drinks:[/quote:20b2se81]

Jimmy Mac! Heck yeah, we could re-enact the Super Bowl Shuffle after a few...

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I have problems pronouncing his name when sober, let alone after a few beers.

16. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You can't say "Chris"?

:roflmao:

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :hehehe: What can I say, I'm a lightweight.

18. SoCalBlitzBurgh

SoCalBlitzBurgh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Lambert for sure! Dermontti Dawson recently moved to San Diego and I have been fortunate to have had several experiences to have a drink with him and once while watching a Steeler game with him at my local sports bar. I must say that Monti is of one the nicest guys I have ever met and his knowledge and commentary on the Steelers is beyond fascinating!

:towel: :drinks:

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, how lucky are you? I'd love to hear more... :popcorn:

20. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not a conversation but an observation. During SB Xlll week in Miami the the Seelers were loose. They stayed at the Airport Mariott in Miami. Close by was the Sheraton River House. They had a dance floor and a band. A group of Steelers showed up.

Joe Greene and Lynn Swann were on the dance floor having a great time dancing with four or five girls. Greene could really move by the way. Jack Lambert was in the corner leaning on the cigarette machine watching everyone. He was drinking a Michelob smoking a cigarette and he seemed to be glaring at everyone.

21. SoCalBlitzBurgh

SoCalBlitzBurgh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    LOL - definitely lucky TTF :) I own a couple of sports bars in SD but born in Pittsburgh and pretty much grew up all over western PA. I was introduced to Monti by my friend CS Keys who used to do the weather in Pittsburgh and now does sports and weather on one of the local SD stations. From the moment I met Dermontti, I could tell that he see's himself as a regular guy and his humbleness is unbelievable. He is a huge fan of Pouncy and definitely thinks he is going to carry on the Steeler tradition of outstanding centers for quite sometime! If your ever in SD let me know and we will set you up to tell your own stories :drinks: :herewego:

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Which places are yours? I'm here in Santee and wouldn't mind going to a real Steelers place for one of the late games.

:herewego!:

23. Guest

Guest Guest

Ray Mansfield - the Old Ranger was quite a character and played in the era before Chuck Noll and with Chuck Noll. I'm guessing he had some great stories and told them well.

Andy Russell - same deal on the eras and he's a smart, funny guy.

Dwight White - another smart, funny guy. I loved his interviews in the America's Game episode.

He's not a Steeler but Roy Blount, Jr. wrote "A Few Bricks Shy of a Load" and it's one of the best Steeler books I've read.

Of course the Chief and if you could get him to talk I'd have a beer with Lambert.

24. SoCalBlitzBurgh

SoCalBlitzBurgh Member

Oct 24, 2011

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Great story Socal, thanks for sharing. Dermontti sounds like a real class act. If I'm ever out your way, I'll be sure to let you know. I haven't been to that area since my Dad was stationed there when I was a kid, some 30+ years ago.
    Heck yeah you can say that. :thumbsup: Say it loud and proud. :herewego: