1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

if you could have a beer

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelMojo, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    with any Steeler living or dead who would it be? mine would be Lambert Joe Green or the Chief! all i think would be a great talk! and full of great stories

2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Chief,Rocky Blier,Terry Bradshaw,Joe Greene

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Jeff Reed... I like to get ROWDY!!! (Just kidding)...
    The Chief would be first on my list, but it would have to be more than ONE beer... What a character...
    Would love to hear Lambert`s take on the game today!!!
    Would love to toast Heath Miller, for being such a reliable, hardworking, down to earth "throwback" type of player.
    Would love to ask Chuck Noll what he thinks of the players today, over a beer..
    Hell, I would be thrilled to sit down and have a beer with pretty much ANY big name player for the Steelers, and thank them for upholding a tradition of greatness!!!

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Jack Lambert or The Chief. Maybe even Cowher, Bettis, Greg Lloyd, Franco... screw it. I can't choose.

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    James Harrison or Joey Porter

6. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I would have really liked to have gone bar hopping with Terry Bradshaw about 25 years ago.
    Right now Jack Lambert to see his take on the game but I seriously doubt he watches this soft sport anymore.

7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. He wanted to put skirts on QBs in the 70s. I shudder to think what HE thinks they should be wearing today...

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. He wanted to put skirts on QBs in the 70s. I shudder to think what HE thinks they should be wearing today...[/quote:2ihfzjq2]

Victoria Secret comes to mind :shock: damn! they were hot tonight

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Victoria Secret comes to mind :shock: damn! they were hot tonight[/quote:3lxvsdft]

Only tonight? :p

I don't want to see a man in that stuff, thank you very much. :roflmao:

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Big Ben if he would take me to meet some chicks

11. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Jack Lambert. I hear he used to pound a 6-pack after each game and blow some steam off. He would get so fired up after a loss that he wanted to play the game over immediately and was just left alone by the rest of the team, or he might punch someone out!

12. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Interesting thread. First choice, Jack Lambert. Second choice, Terry Bradshaw.
    I met the Chief once, and in a 30 second conversation he hardly said a word.

13. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was at the Miami Airport Marriott when the Steelers arrived for SB Xlll. There was a pool bar and rooms on each side. Noll was outside of his room just taking in the weather. I stoppped to talk with him but I asked him about owning a Beechcraft Baron and how he stayed current given his time demands. We talked about local flying as I am a pilot and spent some interesting time. Never mentioned football until leaving and just wished him a simple good luck.

14. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    The Chief no doubt about it!!!

After a few with Mr Rooney I excuse myself to take a leak.Enter the mens room hit a stall look(not down)to my left and there is Myron and I invite him to join us! Perfect night!!!

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Interesting choices. My guess is though that if you met either of them, you might not like them very much. I think there is a very high chance that they'd be jerks. But I base this only on second hand information, I've never met either.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I sat next to Chuck Noll for dinner at a charity event years past. We did talk flying amoung other things. I never asked him a question about football. He was very nice.

I would like to drink a few too many beers with Jack lambert.

17. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would like to have a drink with neil odonnell so I could ask him what in the he** he was thinking when he threw that pass, twice. I also think that ernie holmes would be fun

18. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    did he flip out have a shootout with police? dont kno if i would want to get him a beer! lol :grin:

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd like to have a beer with Ben. In a bar in a small town. In Georgia. :D

:herewego!:

20. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Could you as a STEELER fan sitting at a table with The Chief to your right and Myron to your left imagine a better setting?....The stories you would hear...OMG!!...Beers on me all night just keep talking guys!!!!

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm greedy, I'd want a table for four with Coach Noll sitting across from me. Keep the pitchers comin'! :drinks: :guiness: :herewego:

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Chucks beers are on me!!!.....Please join us TTF!!Your drinks are going on my tab as well!!!......Id love to be sitting at this table!!!!!

23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Instead of a bar, make it a fire pit in the woods with some folding chairs and include Jack Lambert and Rocky Bleir (I love listening to him on NFL Films interviews) and not only will I buy all of the beer, I'll pour and serve it too.

24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This is starting to turn into my 'make a wish'... :-D

25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Could you imagine this table ever coming together? Its GREAT to wish, AINT it?