1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose this game or next....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Blame has to fall on Tomlin for not resting some of our players. Ben and Pouncey are keystones to this offense. They should have either sat the last few games or been pulled in the 3rd or 4th quarters of these past few games.

We could have been much healthier at this point.

2. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I disagree. We still had a legit opportunity for the #2 seed and an outside chance for the #1 seed. Play the guys that you think are healthy enough to go.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

49ers games got out of hand and Ben should have been pulled... Batch is more than capable of winning games for us. He has done it before.

Batch could have won the last 2 games for us.

4. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With a chance to have a bye and at least one playoff game at home you have to play your starters. Maybe not as big of a deal if the team plays as well on the road as they do at home, but that does not define this years Steelers team.

5. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with playing your healthy best players. I still say Batch should have started the SF game - Ben was just too injured to be very effective. A 100% Batch is more likely to make most routine plays than a 40% Ben. Batch showed that in the Rams game. That Rams team scored quite a bit vs. SF and couldn't do squat vs. the Steelers, they had a shot at that game -- too bad their QB went down.

6. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    There can be absolutely no argument made to suggest #7 should have played at all in the SF game, let alone til the very end when it was clearly over with 9 minutes left. Completely Tomlin's fault. And to leave him in Browns game after he had his little "setback" was stupid too. Maybe he didn't know. I hope he didn't know becuase I am beginning to question MT's intelligence. As for Pouncey, I'd have probably sat him against Cleveland but he claimed to be 100% so hard to argue with playing him. Legs will not last this game and then we are in real trouble. Ben might get killed back there. I expect at least 5 sacks sunday, but we still win. Get smoked rd 2.

7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    But it wouldn't be bright to set Ben for 2 games and then come into the playoffs. I agree that he should not have played the entire 49ers game. And maybe should have played just a couple of snaps in the previous two games but we were trying to secure that No1 seed.

The question would be if we would have sat Ben, and lost and Ravens would have lost everyone would be second guessing that decision.

But I never agreed with not playing players at all. Even if you did clinch a spot in the playoffs. Players are rhythm people. They need reps. Usually teams that rest players at the end, and then with a bye don't do well when they hit the playoffs. That's why you are seeing a few teams from the wildcard round advance throughout the playoffs on to the superbowl.

What's could about OUR team, is that all our backups have played alot this season. So, when someone else comes in it's not that big of a deal. Yeah, I wish we had all the starters healthy but our "starters in waiting" have been doing a good job.

8. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Batch should start this game against the Donkeys. I love Ben but with his health status he is our biggest threat as far as losing the game. Oh...........If we lose any of these next games I can hear the "Arians Linch Mob" aka Fire Bruce Arians Institution (FBAI)getting their knifes and pitch forks ready. Bruce will be the goat no matter what happens. :(

9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I disagree with starting Batch over Ben but if Ben is not performing and is hurting, then he would be on a short leash. I don't want to hear him wanting to be out there with his guys, or going down with the ship, if he is not accurate, limping noticably, not stepping into his throws and interceptions then he has to go. There is not tomorrow so we have to change up.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I like it that our guy toughed it out.....you know he is all in......not many qbs if any would have played the last couple of weeks

11. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow... already placing blame on a loss in a game that hasn't happened yet.

12. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Still having a shot at the two seed, it was the right call to have Ben play against the Browns but we can all agree he should've been pulled in the last nine minutes against the Niners. Ben seems to play up his injuries for personal motivation and I think, to some degree, that is what he is doing here this week. He should be fine. The question is, can they overcome the injuries everywhere else this week and in subsequent weeks? Lets hope so. GO STEELERS! :yeehaw:

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If the Steelers lose the not resting vets could be part of it but even with a healthy Ben they barely beat the Colts, Jags and Chiefs so if the Steelers don't make it to the AFC title game it could be because they just aren't that good.

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with you. Remember the 13-0 Colts rested their players? Got their butts kicked 5 ways from Sunday. Tomlin is a good coach and I'll take his word for any coaching moves. I would play Ben about 4 series and if we're up. Escourt Ben to the locker room and bring him back out with his ankle taped up. If Charlie is doing good let Ben sit. If we need him put him in. Why play/rest him?
    Rust builds up on a non playing QB see the start of the stains game. This keeps him in his rythem and saves a tweek on the foot but, like I said. Tomlin gets paid for it. We gotta trust him guys however, I sho nuff hope we don't get Tebowed Sunday

15. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'll go out on a limb and blame the refs. LOL

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    :frustrated: *shakes head and walks away*

17. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    This feels a lot like 2007.

This team has no chance of getting past the divisional round. They are just too beaten up.