1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose Bell......

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I know he hasn't been quite the same this year but I love Nick Chubb. Considering that injury, the fact that he even played this year is impressive. Not that he hasn't been good this year.

With another offseason to heal and rehab, he could be full go.

With the concern over whether he'll ever return to greatness, I'm thinking late 3rd thru late 4th is where he might go.

Then again, if he crushes the combine, could be late 2nd.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I see Pitt RB James Conner has declared for the 2017 draft. Haven't seen any Pitt games but I know he's highly regarded. Anyone have the scoop?

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes he did declare today Turtle, He would look great in black and gold. Not just a good football player,
    but a better person. He has IT. What people don't realize, he was a helluva defensive player in high school
    and has played some DE for Pitt. Easily convertable to an OLB he could do it he is that talented.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Cook is more Jamaal Charles while Elliot is closer to Adrian Peterson. I reeeeeaaallly don't want to lose Bell, but cook would be a good consolation prize

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I like McCaffrey, conner and cook, but I don't even want to think about losing Bell, he is a once in every 10 years back. He is our most valuable player and I don't think there is a RB in this draft that is close to him skillset wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We are not gonna lose Bell or Brown. We would be dumb to do such a thing. We have two of the best players in the league (Brown & Bell)and two of the best contract
    guys in the league (Colbert & Khan)

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well they did say they were going to tag Bell so lets hope we get him signed, however I would love to have McCaffrey or Cook as a fall back option. I by no means want to see Bell gone but I would like to see one of these guys come in for some protection from injury, suspension and departure in 2 years....which I hope don't happen. I like this group of backs this year and I would love to get one, jmo.

8. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    We're ok at RB even without Bell, I think Toussaaint and Richardson are good.
    Christian McCaffrey is too small to be a every down back, but he'd be a great 3rd down back or H-back.

To tell you the truth, if I was running the Steelers, if we lose Bell, I would do everything in my power to work out a deal with the Raiders for either Latavious Murray or Taiwan Jones. I think Murray is darn near a Bell clone, and Taiwan Jones is a guy that they never gave a chance to, but they keep him because they'd hate to face him on another team. I think both those guys would excel in Pittsburgh.

But at the end of the day, I'd be completely satisfied with Toussaint and Daryl Richardson as our RB for the next 5 years or so.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers do not normally tag their ball players, they let their players explore the FA market.

This is not to say they will not tag Bell. The Steelers will offer Bell a fair contract with stipulations.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I disagree with a few things, first McCaffrey is 6' 202 20 lbs less then Bell I am sure adding 10-20lbs for durability isn't going to be a problem. Another point I don't agree with is Toussaaint, I am not comfortable with him as a matter of fact even if we sign Bell which I hope happens I want a rookie in this draft to replace him. I do like Richardson and am fine with him being our 3-4 guy.

Murray is going to be a FA after this year I like this kid a lot I was lucky enough to watch him play his HS ball here in NY. As far as a Bell clone IDK about that, and I don't know much about Jones.

I am very hopefully with all the info that has been coming out in the last day where Bell is saying he wants to be a Steeler that we sign him long term. If that happens then McCaffrey and Cook will be off my list since they are 1st round picks, guys I would now look at in the later rounds are Pumprey(too small), Conner and Hunt. I am really liking Hunt more and more especially if he stays in the 3rd-4th round range.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Richardson is with the Jax Jaguars now, but could become available in the off season again.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No thanks on Elijah Hood.

14. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Why is that? I mean the opinion is fine, but I would like to have just a little support for why not.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Looks like Elijah Hood has changed his mind and is entering the draft. Just saw this today...

16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    i love gallman. he runs hard. has good speed. I don't think we will let bell go but he would be a good pick either way. I don't think he is a 1st rounder so maybe 3rd

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We have to face the fact that if we lose Bell, he is irreplaceable. Cook is the only RB in this draft that I would want to attempt replace him.

No worries though, we won't let him get away. We aren't that stupid lol I hope

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i gotta agree with this sg. i'd love to add to bell with a good one. i do like toussaint though. the kid from james madison has a little bell in his game from what i have seen of him. cook is quite good too. :cool:

19. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Looks like everyone is exiting the boat Dar, Sanctions?

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Khalid Abdullah, saw he had 2 TDs yesterday and 105 yards or something as they won the FCS championship. 1809yds and 22 TDs on the year to lead the FBS in TDs.

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    tOSU RB Curtis Samuel has declared for the draft as well..