1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose Bell......

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Nov 19, 2016.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Would like to hear from some of the guys who watch and know college ball what their thoughts are on Christian McCaffrey. I am not a pro at this but the little I have watched I think we would end up as a very nice replacement for Bell is we lose him. I think he would fits this offense perfect as he is pretty good coming out of the backfield something Bell is great at, thoughts?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he or cook from fla. st.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I don't watch much college however yesterday I saw a little of the Cuse/Fla St game and Cook looked good. They say he is pretty good in blitz pick up as well which if we are looking to replace Bell next season this is big. To be honest no disrespect to Bell, he is a great back and I would welcome him back here in a heartbeat but with this class having some good prospects and Bell's desire for a monster contract I just don't see him coming back here. Add in the injuries and 2 strikes on him and if we are going to spend big money on him and he screws up again we are done.

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Elijah Hood would
    be the lord of the rings

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I haven't watched him a ton, but I would have concerns if he was the "everydown" back. If it was a RBBC, then I could see him as being a great addition.

If we are looking at mid-rounders due to our defensive needs, I would look at Royce Freeman (Oregon), Smith from Michigan and possibly Clement from Wisconsin but he might be had in later rounds??

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sure what our draft plan is gonna be but just wanting to keep a strong offense and with Bell being a very big part of that McCaffrey kinda sticks out to me. I know we have big needs on defense but I feel Bell is a special player and to keep our offense strong this would be a nice pick. I am not sure waiting to the 2nd - 3rd or 4th round is what we want to do. I feel get the playmaker and hope to find some gems in the 2nd - 3rd and 4th on defense. I have just started looking at the draft and the prospects and the safety position look pretty strong right off the bat and I feel that is a major position of need that we may be able to get later on. Who knows it is way early right now but I was just thinking about RB as I read Bell want to get paid and I just don't see us putting out the big bucks.

7. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Would probably make a better receiver.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Really so you don't think that he could be a RB in the NFL? I know he is one heck of a receiver out of the backfield I just haven't watched him much so I have no clue how he runs. I just know this kid is a homerun hitter and can catch the ball. I just thought he would be a nice fit if we lose Bell.

9. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I really do like Elijah Hood (and it isn't because he is from Charlotte where I live). I like his style of running. I don't think he has great break away speed, but he is sort of old school when it comes to style. 4 yards and a cloud of dust.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    We are no longer old school, we are wide open. Not saying anything bad about Hood I am just saying the NFL has become a passing league and so have the Steelers. I have to see more on MaCaffrey but I just like the fit he would have in this offense......if we lose Bell.

11. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Hood can come out of the backfield and catch

• Like Like x 1
  12. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    Never mind
    i brainfarted and thought Hood was a SR
    hell he has one more year at Chapel Hill

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He still could come out right?

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    James Conner will make somebody a good football player. Pitt Homer
    He has a big motor, will be ready mentally to play every game.

15. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I didn't mean to imply he can't catch or can't contribute in a pro style offense, my point was that he is a guy who when you need a couple of yards, I think will go out and get them.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    :thumbs_up::cool:

17. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Fully agree I would love to keep him in Pittsburgh

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    James Conner would look great in Black & Gold.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Keep the names rolling in as the championship games and bowl season is getting close I will have guys to watch. My gut right now is McCaffrey only cause I feel he is more of a wr and that is the direction the NFL/Steelers seem to be heading. It is so early and we have no idea what is gonna happen with Bell but still something to look at.....

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Got a chance to watch this kid last night and I wouldn't be up set with him. I saw a little Bell in him as far as when he got to the LOS and slowed down to read the holes then took off. Showed good hands and some pretty damn good speed. I know it was only one game and FLA was missing some key guys but not to bad imo.

21. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    the gators still have a top 5 defense
    cook looks pretty tough

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah Like I said I don't watch much college ball, I usually just watch a little cuse here and there when the kids have it on. But just going from what they were talking about last night, they made a point how they were missing guys but were still pretty good. Usually I don't get into college until about now, rivalry week is great and all my kids were home for Turkey day so we had a few drinks and watched some ball. I think there are some good choices at RB in this years draft and if we lose Bell could be some good options to try and replace him. However I tink if this is the cause we are going to hve to use the 32nd pick on a RB..........:beg:

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Cook is as NFL ready as Elliott was last year. He is damn good, and should be a great fit in a zone blocking offense.

• Like Like x 1
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I almost did the same thing. Was going to recommend Rodney Smith from Minnesota as a mid round guy but when I looked he is a red shirt sophomore.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Wayne Gallman seems to be a good contingency plan should Le'Veon leave.

He too can catch and run; his run blocking a bonus. Quite shifty the same with some speed to boot.