1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If the Minkah trade had never happened...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why not try out one of the Erics; Reed or Berry? Either one of these players could be had for pennies on the dollar.

As far as Edmunds go; they had to pick Edmunds. The Steelers were going to use their 1st round pick on a SS that year no matter what; and they could not trade back in the draft because of the man standing behind the curtain.

I still want to see Edmunds show up to camp weighing 230 and ready to play some LB; after spending the lock down trapped inside a gym with his big/younger brother Tremaine.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    This would be very tempting. I was a big fan of Malik Hooker coming out of Ohio State. The real knock on him is health. Plagued him in College and in the pros. I would hope we would be interested but I wouldn't overpay.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Edmunds can easily put on 10-15 lbs if needed.

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I di not want to imagine it. After years of depressing results drafting DB's we make a bold move, getting a top 5 pick for number 18. Yes we lose one year of service, but MK's first year shattered 4 and 5 years of subpar play from Davis and Burns. No amount of looking back or 2nd guessing will make me believe we could have had anything more special. Bush, TJ, and MK make a solid foundation for years to come if we can keep them.