1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Tebow is on the trading blocks would Pittsburgh..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jim90, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    still want their revenge on him, since he embarrassed us in the playoffs ? :hehehe:

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Denver should keep him....use him in a Wildcat/Goalline/Gadget Plays/RB/FB/TE.

I know the argument is when you have MAnninng as a QB you don't need the wildcat or gadget plays, but it is just another added dimension, and to be honest I don't think Manning can win a championship on his own.

Denver needs some offensive weapons if they are going to truly compete. Manning will need another WR,#2 TE, and a back up RB.

3. mike1971

mike1971 Active Member

Jan 2, 2012
    well the owner of denver said he would go after Mike Wallace and make him a very wealthy young man but and will give up his first round draft pick which is number 25 which is denver only first round draft pick and so now maybe Mike Wallace could end up in denver.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would welcome Tebow on this team at any position other then QB. But, he won't be coming here, he'll be starting somewhere or at the very least biding his time as a back up, I'm sure he is not giving up on his QB aspirations.

*disclaimer* yes, I know this thread was started as a joke ;)

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Please post a source/link when claiming things like this! Thanks!

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Denver has enough offensive weapons to be a SB competitor, and possibly win it all. Demaryius Thomas is going to light up the league this year, and Decker is pretty good too. A backup RB would help, but that's easy enough to address.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Thy need one more receiver IMHO. I suspect Dallas Clark is going to be signed by the Broncos.

9. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011

Thy need one more receiver IMHO. I suspect Dallas Clark is going to be signed by the Broncos.[/quote:2a13zgp8]

Sure, a 3rd WR helps, but the two guys there already are good enough to get it done.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm not such Manning has another season in him, let alone a championship one. I don't blame Denver for going after Peyton, if he's his old self, they could be trouble. But he could very well be unfit to play this year and beyond.

And that's why they need to keep Tebow. I don't know what the odds are the Tebow can be a top 5/top 10 NFL QB, but suppose he has a 1 in 10 chance, hell, I thinks that better odds than Peyton playing the next two years.

You spent a 1st round pick on him, you won't get that if you trade him. Keep him or face the prospect of trying to find a new QB, yet again, in 2013

11. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I don't want Tebow, He takes his religion way too far. Besides, we already have a guy on this team that takes his religion way to far also, is that right Troy? I don't want my team turning into some religious cult....

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Tebow had a 41% accuracy last year. That's atrocious. The fact is that Elway hates Tim Tebow and was desperately trying to find a way to replace him. The fact that Manning became available is just gravy, as Tebow wasn't the long term starter in Denver anyway. Hell, John Elway specifically said Tebow wasn't the long term answer at QB, and that was when Tebow was winning games.

Tebow has a 0% chance of being a top 10 QB in the league. He's terrible and that's not going to change.

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Look I don't think Tebow's the long term answer either. But he has shown flashes, he's smart, he's athletic. I don't think he'll work out, but he might. Elway doesn't like him and that's fine. But where are you if you trade Tebow for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and on Sept 23rd Manning's neck gives out for good? As crappy as he his Tebow got you to the playoffs last yr.

PS: Your homework is to look up Tebows actual completion %. Hint it wasn't great, but it wasn't 41%.

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I like Tebow mainly because he wins, I think he has some great talent when he gets to the red zone, but he has a hard time leading a team down field to score. I don't think it's fair that many people get down on him and haven't really given him a chance, he really turned around the Broncos and they made the playoffs. I think they started 2-5 last year before he took over. I'd take him in a back up roll but I wouldn't trade away any pick(s) for him.

15. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why wouldn't they want revenge?

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You are out of your effing mind. I'd take a team full of Troys talent and will on this team and wouldn't care if they had "Jesus Love" tattooed to their far heads.

17. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Would LOVE TEBOW here as a backup QB! Pitch to him to run....or pass out of a RB formation....use him like a pass catching TE....maybe 10 plays a game to keep defenses honest....Kid is a winner, and has the heart of a champion even if he does not have the arm of a HOF'er

HACK

18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not saying I want him as our backup QB, and I would never trade what he will probably go for (at least a 2nd)...

But if he could really be had for a 4th, I can't believe there are people that wouldn't jump all over that! I know he's limited. You don't have to tell me. But with our red zone and goal line problems? Mendenhall/Redman up the middle is one thing. If you run that exact same play with Tebow potentially pulling the ball, or really pulling the ball, I think the chances of success jump quite a bit. Willis McGahee is not that good, people.

On second thought, I have no idea what his money situation is. But as far as draft pick value goes, I'd take him for a 4th and put him in once in awhile.

19. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I seriously hope this happens (I don't want to see some career ending injury happen to someone) but I think it would be entertaining if Elway sells the farm to bring Manning in, tosses Tebow aside, only to be left with a broken Manning at the beginning of the season and no QB to replace him with. Elway took a few too many hits from Greg Lloyd to be making football decisions for an entire franchise IMO.

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Don't worry, my sarcasm detector caught it! :thumbs_up: As if anyone smart enough to type would actually think like that.

21. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I would take Tebow as a backup over anything we have now.

Certainly would.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is a winner, we cannot deny this. His acurracy is a question mark?
    A very big question mark. He needs to get back down to Jville and become their QB.
    and lead them to the promised land.

23. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    DITTO

24. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    The only place I heard this was as a suggestion from Mike Mayock on NFL Network to the Denver Broncos if they signed Manning.

25. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Tebow is a traveling circus, He's not a Steeler.