1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If SEA offered...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Heard a rumor the Browns traded for Earl Thomas or the Honey Badger...Damn!

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Pretty muh every one called me stupid for saying trade up for minkah Fitzpatrick. Also you listened to nothing I said. I clearly stated we NOW HAVE to get those game changers because tomlin for almost a DECADE has proven he is inept at drafting DEFENSIVE TALENT.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok not sure about everyone calling you stupid but I am not interested in trading up. I have listened to everything you said for 12m we couldn't get impact players, I said we could get Brown and Boston who are impact players. You then said you don't consider them game changers and solid players won't change life. I then pointed out how solid is the key and that the Steelers never go after top tier FA's, never have. You then brought up Harrison and Troy which has nothing to do with FA signings, which is what we were talking about to begin with having 12m.

Talking about Tomlin not being able to get game changer is another subject. Also by the way it isn't just Tomlin making the call KC has a lot to do with it as well. For the record the last 10 years, AB, Pouncey, Bell, Heyward and Shazier have all been impact players.......You can't hit home runs on every pick and like I said show me someone who has hit 50% in the draft. I am not a Tomlin guy I think he is a average coack with a good team, so by no means am I sticking up for him. However I will go to bat for KC all day long he is good at what he does and the draft has shown it.

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    looks like the browns are going to be busy in free agency, 3 trades yesterday

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Because my point was when we had Harrison and troy we showed were cpabale of finding throw guys in the draft and Harrison wasn't even drafted he was just a diamond in the rough. It's not another subject because if you show you can't draft what is your only other option to get game changers? And sad you'r comparing Boston to a earl Thomas or brown to a von Miller. Those are GAME CHANGERS. Lol not the guys you just named I saw Boston get toasted last yr and in Carolina. Don't change life in Pittsburgh. The Steelers need that guy on defense. And its clear you cant read. You bought up ab and pouncey when i clearly mentioned DEFENSE I don't deny he can draft offensive talent but defense is supposed to be his SPECIALITY. Shazier isnt making it 50%. Hes one guy out of 10+ years lol. Not a fan of heyward decent player but non existent when it matters most hes no aaron donald, calias campbell, brandon graham, etc... the dominant dline men like that but even if you count him he still missed on way more than 50%. And show you someone who has hit in the draft? Um let's see... bill belichick... Don't even have to explain that one. Pete Carroll. He drafted every one that was a pro bowler on that defense from earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, chancellor, Bobby Wagner, kj Wright, etc... John elway with von Miller, Chris Harris, Malik Jackson, Bradley roby, etc... Mike Zimmer with Everson Griffin, Harrison smith, Xavier Rhodes, Anthony Barr, etc... they just don't have a qb case keenum is not the answer. I can go on... tomlin has had ten plus years.. DOUG PEDERSON just built the sb eagles in TWO YEARS and coached and game planned in the sb better than tomlin ever has in his life. Outsmarted bill belichick when he makes tomlin look like he doesn't belong in the same class with him sadly...

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Since I can't read I really had a problem with what you just posted.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Babel

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I believe he said that nobody hits on every pick in the draft. You’ve picked some HCs with successful drafts but ignored their misses. Or, in the case of Elway/Belichick use FA as much as the draft.

I think the problem with your argument is your tendency to go to extremes. Saying Tomlin has “done nothing” leads you to a ton of inconsistencies where you’re explaining away the successes but not applying the same logic to other teams.

Arguing that Pete Carroll has drafted defensively better than KC/MT? No problem. Claiming every Steelers draft has been a complete failure for the last ten years? That’s far harder to defend, whether you’re an MT fan or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The whole conversation went all over the place with him. I was talking about getting players @12m who are good, for some reason he thinks we are going to sign "impact" players. First off when have we ever signed an "impact" player and secondly who the hell was even talking about "impact" players? Then for some reason it moved into the whole drafting impact players and then he don't want to understand that not every player is an impact player and that we can only talk about defense, smh. Oh and then he wants to bring up Belicheat and his drafting ability....hmmmm last 3 years:

2017 - Rivers, Garcia, Wise, McDermott
    2016 - C.Jones, Thuney, Brissett, Valentine, Mitchell, Grugier-Hill, Roberts, Karras, Lucien
    2015 - M. Brown, Richards, Grissom, Flowers, Jackson, Mason, Cardona, Wells, Derby, Roberst, Dickson

It's obvious there are some "impact" players there, heck you would be lucky to find 50% starters there. Of course we have really stunk the last 3 years:

2017- Watt, Juju, Sutton, Conner, Dobbs, Allen, Holba, Adams
    2016 - Burns, Davis, Hargrave, Hawkins, Freeney, Ayers, Dirty Red
    2015 - Dupree, Golson, Coates, Grant, James, Walton, Chick, Holliman

16 players that have played good not great for us in the last 3 year,
    Beliecheat is so much better at drafting......

The whole point of what I was saying wasn't about drafting it was about fixing this D with cutting some dead weight and signing guys to be starters. Boston and Brown IMO fit that mold, they also fit the mold of what the Steelers do in FA. Do I want "impact" players hell year don't everyone, but sorry they just don't grow on trees. Like I just showed go back 3 years and find that "impact" player from Belicheat, better yet do the same thing with Carroll. While these guys have drafted Impact players they aren't doing it year in and year out and to say you can't count offense is crazy it is part of the game.

Like I said this wasn't about drafting or impact players it was about finding the money on a salary cap strapped team and fixing this bad D. He went all over and went off track........

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pederson didn't build the Eagles at all, their GM did. Pederson did a good job of coaching them though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Once again here is another person changing the argument. We are talking about defense. Not offense. Belichick has won more than anybody and he also does not spend a huge amount in free agency. He may do it every once in a while but that doesn't make up his team. And I clearly said a failure DEFENSIVELY. Yes we have had great offensive talent but when we had less offensive talent than what we had now it resulted in what? RINGS. Big Ben is a hall of fame qb. He doesn't on offense need the best of the best to succeed. What he needs help on is what he can't control which is defense something tomlin has failed to build for him. Shazier is the only name on DEFENSE we can speak of as hey that was a great pick( jury is still out on watt). The rest have been average picks at best and some complete failures. That' My point. Of course the drafts as a WHOLE HAVENT FAILED. That's obvious because of the great offensive talent that' been drafted but DEFENSIVELY has been terrible. And elway has only failed a drafting qbs which is why he's doing what? Trying to get Kirk cousins. Some people seem to understand when THEIR not good at something and supplement for it other ways... and elway only got like 2-3 key guys in free agency. He drafted everyone else... same with bill majority of his team is the draft with some free agents sprinkled in but he's proving he can develop bottom dwellers. Tomlin cannot he needs already polished talent on defense to exceed..

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What were the eagles doing from 2010-2014 in roseman's first stint. Remind me please. And you are compltely idiotic if you believe a coach plays no role in the selection of who the team gets and the GM just picks everybody and say coach here work with who I gave you..

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Roseman the GM lost his power when Chip Kelly was HC, when Kelly got fired Roseman remade the roster. I know a HC has some say in personnel, but Pederson didn't put that roster together.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Kelly became the coach in 2013... roseman was there since 2010. What did he do in those 3 years? And Pederson played a large role in the personell decisions. He also picked out him schwartz and let him completely run the defense without him touching it...

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Eagles owner stupidly gave Kelly power over Roseman to make personnel decisions, once Kelly was fired Roseman put the team together not Pederson duh.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Before Kelly ever GOT THERE roseman had power over the team for years and did what? You keep talking about Kelly when roseman was there FOR YEARS before Kelly. Stop trying to ignore that to make Pederson look worse than tomlin.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah Tomlin and Pederson both won a Super Bowl in their second year as HC, so what's your point?

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How many players on Pederson's team were hall of famers or won a ring before he was ever their coach? Lol did tomlin make a backup qb play just as good as a guy who was the league map this year had he not got hurt? Lol tomlin did the same thing thing Barry switzer did with the cowboys... won with a team already made by another coach.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also Pederson outcoached bill belichick. Something tomlin never has nor never will do. Nice try though you're just another blind fanboy

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If you like slobbering over Pederson so much why don't you go root for the Eagles? Another clueless fan :facepalm:.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Still has the best winning percentage in Steelers history duh.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Rings> regular season winning percentage lol

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    A butthurt tomlin fan. How cute.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Not at all