1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

if Poe is gone at 24, would you take Still?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mrn6, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If Dontari Poe is gone by the time the Steelers pick, would you take Devon Still over a top notch guard?

By the way, I have officially changed my mind ( not that anyone cares), but I would take Poe over Cordy Glenn and Mike Adams if all 3 are available. Not usre if I would take Still over Adams and Glenn....

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    No. They do not need ANOTHER first round DE.

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Honestly, the only defensive lineman I would consider in the first is Poe (assuming Brockers doesn't fall like a rock). We don't need a d-tackle who might transition to a noseguard. We already have one of those in Ziggy. If Poe's gone, go for Ta'amu in the second, Chapman third, or Fangupo, Hicks, Martin on day 3.
    Think after the combine Adams has fallen out of the first round. Between the inconsistancy he showed all season and poor measurables that are going to have people questioning his work ethic, his first round grade is going to get lowered. Glenn has probably secured a spot in the first round, and he's the last o-lineman I would see as first round material, after Kalil, Reiff, Martin, Konz, and DeCastro. Once again, barring a free fall for no reason, I don't see any of these except Glenn and Konz being available and Konz only if you needed a center.
    Personally, I would have a hard time choosing between Glenn and Hightower. I'd take Hightower only because the drop off between him and the next ILB is much larger than the drop off between Glenn and the 2nd round guards.

4. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Yeah, What he said!!!!

I almost totally agree here.

Cajun-

5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would go Hightower in the 1st and Tam'au in the second. Look for a guard in the third round.

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If Still is there at 24....I will eat my hat!!!!

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    with a good chianti?

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    With goat milk!!!!

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Its all about value to the Steelers in the first round they don't care what position it is.

Even a position that is not on the radar....If some really good CB, WR,or TE drops I'm sure they will consider it.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Obviously....but going back to the original post and player mentioned...with having 2 first rounders on DE's already I do not think they could even consider Still in the first. Unless they think he's better DE than Ziggy and move Ziggy to NT as some have said or whatever.

11. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree I don't think they target D line in the first. This draft seems deep at DT/NT..... we could surely grab a NT in round 2 maybe even round 3 or 4.

12. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Still will not be there at 24.......NO WAY!!!....and if he is I say pass....Other needs!!

13. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I was curious how everyone ranks out the NT's in this draft?

I saw a bleacher report article that says Nicolas Jean-Baptiste is the second best NT in this draft, and I know nothing on this guy?

There is also: Devon Still, Hebron Fangupu (my favorite as a late round steal), Josh Chapman, and Alameda Ta’amu.

14. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Don't have my full list yet as I haven't done much research for thi sposition, but on my short list to check out is Kheeston Randall, DT from Texas. Not a true NT build, but from his write-ups it sounds as if he can eat the double-teams. Intruiging prospect who deserves some film time. I'd also be interested in Josh Chapman, being that he already played a 3-4 nose in college.

15. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    To me, they just gotta take the BPA at any postion,except QB & FB, for instance if Barron falls like some mock drafts then he should be taken considering he is the #1 rank saftey. There 10 postions ( RB, WR, OT, OG, DE, DT, ILB, OLB, CB, SAF) now if you take the top 3 ranked on there board that give you 30 guys minus 8 off any position that is not deep such as safety and that leaves 22 left. Now I use the number 22 because everyone knows the first 2 picks are QB's. When those are drafted start marking off. What will be left is BPA. Now if say for instance a couple of your #3's from two or more position happen to fall then they would have too choose what would be the more of the NEED OF.

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm liking Chapman more and more. I would strongly consider him in the 3rd.

No DL in the first! Please!