1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If not now when??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    This is our time people. Jags do us big fav by beating Rats last night. NOW IT OUR TURN!!

We have the Patsies this week. We are a 2.5 point UD.....IN OUR HOUSE. If that doesnt motivate us nothing will. Dick ( :D ) LaBeau turns our passrushers loose on Marsha like a pack of pit bulls on a T-bone.Get in her face!!
    Mendy, Red and our O-line pound the ball, control the clock and keep her on sideline.Thats how you beat her!!

Rats up week after that. REDEMPTION DAY. If the asswhoppin' (hope I can say that TTF) we took in week 1 doesnt motivate us for this game than I dont know what will.If I was on this STEELER team and went through the beating we took in week 1.Right after that game Id want a shower and 20 minutes to suit up and play again!!Guys had six weeks to chew on it.

These next two weeks will define our season.Win them both we take control of the AFC!!!! :yeehaw:

ITS OURS FOR THE TAKING.....LETS TAKE IT!!!!! :herewego!:

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Nobody has anything to add to this? Im wrong???

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sure can. :thumbs_up:
    I agree with you 100%. These are two defining games in our season. I'm confident we play the Patsies better this year than we did last year, and I know we'll grind the dirtbirds to a pulp, and send the remains back to baldimore in an envelope. :cool:

:herewego!: :herewego!:

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Just had to BUMP this back to page 1....These next 2 weeks are our season!! Win both we own the AFC. I understand nothing in the NFL is a givin.We saw that Monday night. Our schedule after these 2 weeks is by far in our favor. That Rats loss was the best thing that could have happened for us!! The AFC was served up to us on a silver platter. LETS TAKE IT!!

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Ours to lose!....Its our time guys! ...Id rather go in 14-2 than12-4...JMHO!!!

6. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it's time we finally get the NE monkey off of our backs. Yes, we did have a dominating victory against them a few years ago, but that victory isn't enought to erase the bitter taste of several losses and the inevitable "Brady owns the Steelers" mantras.

I would be curious to know our record vs the Patriots after "spygate" discovery, though. The record might be pretty close to even--we haven't played them much since then if my memory serves me (it often doesn't, heh).

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't think we'll have that monkey off our backs until we beat them in January. :banghead:

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I think we should not blitz to start the game.....IMO the Pats will go short and quick to the TE'S and RB'S as their 1st. attack plan.....I also think they will throw quick hitters to the WR'S......IF this is the plan and I expect it will be,,,,,my move would be to bring Troy into the box and show blitz ,but drop underneath it on 1 side and Jam like u know what on the other......

Give our front guys lots of stunts try to get 1 free and try our best to get our hands up and bat or deflect some balls at the LOS.......IMO the reason they seem to dominate us is our plan is to heat them up and their plan is to get it out before the heat can get there.......

Anytime our DE'S don't have a TE pn their side we should crash inside as the Pats really like to protect the edge and their OT'S love to drop step and jab......The whole purpose is to get Brady to take steps not slides.....IMO the tape on Brady shows if he trust the block and slides up or left or right he throws darts......If he has to step and then reset he is not on the money hitting guys in stride.....

So as I stated our key is to keep him from hitting guys on 4 and 5 yard routes in stride early and often.....I think this is the best way to play him and the Pats.........

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :good:
    What will kill us this game are those short routes which suddenly turn into 14 yard gains because Keenan Lewis misses the first tackle.

Thankfully, this is something the D seems to have been tightening up on in the last few games. It pained me the missed tackles (not just by Lewis) in the first few games, we started to look like the Bengals.

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Our time!!!....The future is NOW!!!!!!