1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

if not BA then who?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    the chargers and jets OC's are leaving their teams so there's 2 more out there

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Yeah, because their offenses where so good. the jets have more problems on offense than we do. the charger fans are thrilled, I know a few and they hate the way their offense has underachieved

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Can we get Mr. MaGoo from the old cartoons?
    He doesn't have to actually see what is going on during the game Just tell him. Deep Ball to Wallace, Bubble Screen to Ward when on the field. To Brown when he's not. Mendy up the Gut. Redman on 3rd and short and Ben shotgun 5 wide. Put these as your white balls in a bingo spinner and number them real big 1-6. Put a red ball in the mix and he gets to run it all no huddle.
    It certainly can't be any worse than what we have right now.

4. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That article that everyone is posting is not a true indicator that Arians is coming back. I know that Lebeau will be back as long as he wants to come back. The Rooney’s will never fire him. Not the case for Arians. He is hanging on by the skin of his teeth. The only reason why he still has a job is because Ben wants him back because Arians allows him to be a gunslinger. It is a known fact that Arians lets Ben do what Ben wants to do. How about that stupid article where Ben said this: He doesn’t want offensive coordinator Bruce Arians going anywhere.

“We’ve got something special here,” Roethlisberger said this week via Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We’ve got a lot of great young players. As long as they don’t get crazy and change the offense — that can really set you back — the sky is the limit for this team.”

The part about changing the offense was unprompted; Roethlisberger was sending a clear message to management. He knows that Arians isn’t overly popular in Pittsburgh despite record setting numbers for the team’s offense.
    Who’s running the Steelers organization? Is it Ben? I know he is running the team since Cowher left. Just listen at all the true things people are saying:

The team will be settling for and wallowing in mediocrity.
    Redman showed what he is capable of so Arians will probably look to get rid of him because you know the last thing we want is an effective running game. He got rid of the full- backs maybe he'll just get rid of the tail-backs too.
    Don't know why Tomlin keeps on hitching his cart to that broken -down blinder wearing horse.
    I also don't think Ben prepares well throughout the week or else he would be better at pre snap decisions.
    We won our last 2 super bowls with great defense, not because our offense was all that.
    It has more to do with the Ben and BA relationship.
    There is still no rhythm or identity to this offense and they have had 5 years to figure it out.
    They need to bring someone in with a proven track record to implement a system that still enables Ben to be Ben, but also has an identity.
    And some of my favorites are BA’s famous five wide, one back, and zero backs formations, no play-action, clock management, red zone play calling and red zone efficiency, situational play calling, TEs are not utilized nearly enough, Heath Miller a forgotten man, no screen passes to the RB’s or short dump off passes to the RB’s, and so much more. I could go on and on.

It the Rooney’s looked at the team this year, they surely know that something was wrong with the offense. It has been going on far too long to let it continue. They should know to step in and make a change. Tomlin is not going to do it because he doesn’t have the balls that Cowher had. He just tells Tomlin, I want BA back next year. (SEE BEN’S STATEMENT ABOVE). I’m not saying bring Cowher back or get rid of Tomlin, all I’m saying is stand up and take charge and do the right thing by getting rid of Arians. As Troy “P” always stated, our best defense is when we are on the sidelines watching our offense move the ball up and down the field. Far too many times the offense is 3 and out or kicking field goals instead of TD’s, which leaves the defense’s behind blowing in the wind!!!

BTW, Tom Clements or Todd Haley or even Hugh Jackson would be great choices. They would be able to control Rothlisberger.
    DON’T BRING BRUCE ARIANS BACK!!!!!

5. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Well. Another year of the same old, same old. And how much do you want to bet that Ben lobbies for the team to bring in another WR? This $#!t is getting old.

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm willing to bet, Ben likes Bruce because he helps him reach most of his performance passing goals in his contract. It's really that simple. If Ben throws for 2,000 yards a year and hands the ball off more, I'd have to guess that 100 million dollar contract would most likely be about half of that. It's not about stats or money Ben.

I like Tom Clements, but don't care for Haley... I think he was more of a one hit wonder than anything else. Although Haley does have the personality to put Ben in his place (see Anquan Boldin). Not sure about who, but rather someone with a lot less predicability in play calling and more situationally aware of how the game is progressing by making adjustments.

7. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I hope you're right. I agree 100% with the OP: Todd Haley would be a terrific choice. And I also agree that coaching does indeed have something to do with Ben's lack of progress in reading defenses.

None of us are in the building Monday through Friday, but I just get the sense that Ben goes in, works on his mechanics, works on running plays with WRs, and doesn't do any kind of film study. None. He wants to wheel it. No studying. And Bruce lets him. Think maybe this was why he and Whisenhunt had issues? Perhaps Whiz wanted to sit him down and make him WORK on the mental side of the game.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    No thank you to Brian Schottenheimer.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I want Sporano and Haley to both be our OC. They have worked together in the past because although Sporano is a great schemer, he's not an experienced play caller, so he needs help. That's where Haley comes in. I can absolutely see Haley signing on with the Jets now that Sporano is there.

Sporano is an offensive line guy and he would really get our running game going. I guarantee that with both Redman and Mendy, we would have a running game comparable to Houston if we had Sporano.

Haley is a WR guy so he would really help the passing game and would help the WR's develop even further. He would also either teach Wallace how to be a complete receiver, or he would likely get rid of him. No sense in hanging on to a one trick pony. Haley is also a no nonsense kind of guy and wouldn't put up with Ben's arrogance. He would remind Ben that he is one player on the team and nothing more, and he can either get with the program or he can sit on the damn bench. That's what Ben needs and that's what this team needs, because Ben's ego gets in the way sometimes.

If only we didn't have that deuche BA coming back, then perhaps we could have went out and hired Sporano.